Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What makes us human?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was getting the clothes when he heard a knock. "I have some on my bed." He told Simon and then went to answer the door and looked surprised. "Rose? Whatever is the matter?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Mr. Crane!" she said, she gave him a smile. When Rose had last seen him, she had been a real child, with reddish-brown braids and children's clothes. Now she was a young woman - or at least she dressed like one - though in truth, with her fifteen years she was barely more than a child still. "I was glad to hear you returned. You must call soon. Father will be delighted." She bit her lip. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, but someone said he saw Simon go... you help Simon last night... Is he here?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled warmly and nodded as he listened. "I know, I am sorry I haven't been by sooner. Moving is always so much effort, and I had to settle into my job almost immediately. " Her question though had him sigh and he looked back inside knowing he was changing then back at her. "He looked like he had gotten a bit of a bump on the head I think. Found him laying in the street unconscious. I was worried he might have a concussion or someone would take advantage of his pockets so I brought him home to sleep on my sofa. He seems scared of your dad.." He spoke the last part softer, more secretly. "Everything going alright at home between them?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"No," Rose stated. "He ought be afraid." She put her hands on her hips. "'E was drunk, wasn't he?" She looked at Elijah directly. Her question was closer to a statement.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah didn't answer her, but looked saddened. "He told me about your brother and mother. I am sorry for your loss. There seems to be.. trouble going on, can you tell me about it? I want to help, Rose." He offered but didn't let her in yet. He wanted to give Simon a chance to finish changing.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Both deaths had been hard to process and Rose sometimes thought she would ever get over it. When they lost Tom, they had lost a part of themselves, that they would never get back. In some way, they would never really be a family again. Losing mother had hit Rose even harder. She had tried to be big and share responsibilities with Maggie, but when all her work was done and she lay in bed at night, she felt like a little girl and wished for her mother's embrace. She nodded quietly. "Thank you... " she said quietly. "Nobody really knows what's going on anymore... Please, I need to see Simon. I have a message from father."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and let her into the living room. "Let him finish cleaning up and then speak. Please, be easy on him." He could tell Ben was frightening to Simon and wondered what had happened. Perhaps it was a struggling family suffering loss and trying to keep themselves together.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Just then, Simon stepped out into the living room, buttoning up and caught sight of Rose. "Rose..." He said awkwardly.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"I will," Rose promised. She stepped in, just as Simon stepped into the room.

"YOU PROMISED! YOU PIG! YOU COMPLETE SELFISH SELFISH ARSE! YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF!" She burst into tears.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah stood quickly between them and frowned. "Rose!" He looked to Simon then back. "I do not like yelling in my home. Please. We can talk like reasonable people.'