Hello, guest!
or Register?

Proper Attire Is a must, but so are other things
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She snorted and shook her head, "As long as Gareth Scott is around, there is no peace for me in that regard. Chip wrapper indeed, more like... a paper sail for a sail boat for every..." she took up the fork and speared the deteriorating potato, the poor thing getting pummeled by the tines of the eating utensil. She curled her lip, "I lead him to his fortune and he couldn't leave me out of it like I asked him to. He owed me that much." She then tried to do the same to a pea, and it shot across the plate as the inner part spewed out and the skin was left behind. Pearl gazed at the pea and compared herself to it, the sadness of it showing in her face as she started to push the food around gently now.

"It's my fault it's a mess. If I could go back, I would have just... I don't know, I cannot say stayed at school... I wouldn't have met Joe... I just wish things weren't the way they are. It's hard for people to reconcile that my family is rich even though we started from very little at all. I try to tell people that my father was once a pauper, and nobody believes it for the lavish lifestyles of those in the Carrington Brood." She shook her head.

"Why does it matter that I love a working class man? He is no different from a man who has money... At least, not inwardly. He's still a man, is he not?"

23 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Mark laughed "Gareth wants nothing more than to see his name in the big newspapers but he won't get that for some time as the newspaper building was on fire the last I heard. Plus there's a few sailors down the harbour that wouldn't mind getting there hands on him over stories"

He smiled "a man's a man and aw that. We come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing. Money only changes us nothing else. And who you love is your choice no one else's"

He gestured with his head "the bank building up the street is one I use regularly. They are a good bunch in there. They are a decent help and Will keep you right, once we are finished I'll take you up there and let you speak to the manager. I'm sure they can get everything sorted for you"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She nodded and then picked her fork back up, eating more slowly now that she was relaxing. It was clear that she was a bit emotional, but then, her now evident condition was to blame for some of that. She sighed then and she said, "I've been to most banks up this street and because I am considered rubbish now, nobody wants to help me. Even my own father turned me away after this because he doesn't see why I needed to do so. He was fine that Joe would marry me, he blessed it, it was... running away I suppose... But... My mother and sisters especially have fire in their veins toward me, my brothers overprotect me in such a way that it's not right. One of them kidnapped me and everything." She sniffed. "I'll go to this bank, but I have no real hope for being taken care of."

23 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Mark laughed "its the job of all bankers to make things difficult my dear! That's why most people keep their money hidden in mattresses or in jars or tins" he rubbed his chin and took another drink from the glass before sitting back in the seat and speaking again "that doesn't really sound like family to me if they are making you feel like the black sheep of it, do your in laws treat you any better?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Her eyes lit up in regards to the Blacke family in general. "So far, everyone that I have met in Joe's family has been so kind to me. And I feel like I can be myself around them. They understand me more." She frowned then and said, "I am hesitant to keep the money. I think if I put it in the bank, I can think on it for a time. The money, while it's wonderful, isn't something I desire, really. I have already lived that life and it's been nothing but trouble, I feel." She paused at that, "While I don't mind the thought of carrying out some justice for the things that people have done and said... I'm not interested in carrying out some grudge upon my family. I also wish to earn my keep in this world. I feel like I would rather be salt of the earth."