[Complete] How the Rill May Rest There [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Edmund did not think it was possible, but Mable somehow got even more excited when the Father retrieved a strangely round hat with a wide brim.  She tugged on his hand where they were connected and giggled, throwing hair over her shoulder and twisting at the hip.  Edmund couldn't help a small smile at her display.

She confidently lead the way towards the church doors, and Edmund only let her go to hold the door open for her and Father Brennan.  In that short time, Mable attached herself to the taller mans side and was already babbling about - something.  Fifteen years and Edmund could still just barely keep up with her.

"What should we do first, do you think?  I guess swimming would not be possible, not this time, but perhaps we can find some shells!  I don't think my brother is in the best attire for digging, or you for that matter.  Do you ever wear - not those, Father?  Or do you sleep in that long black coat?"

The thought must have amused Mable.  She giggled to herself, one hand covering her mouth and the other finding Edmund's again.

"Don't be rude, Mable," the boy chided lightly, only to be ignored.  His sister was too interested in Father Brennan, staring up at him and grinning, already comfortable in his presence.

Edmund tried to relate.  This was only his second time seeing the man, but his first properly - the dark did not do him justice.  Thankfully, he seemed more tangible in the daylight.  Less like a monstrous shadow out to get them, less like their dad, and more like... just a tall, friendly man.  He seemed strange, but not cruel.  Nice to walk with so far, at least.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Rill May Rest There - by Edmund Reynolds - 05-27-2022, 03:49 AM