[Complete] How the Rill May Rest There [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Edmund could see why the Father might take comfort in the winding streets and alleyways of Whitby, even if he could not relate.  The buildings could be suffocating, sometimes, in their proximity to each other.  He missed the open air and fields of the farm so badly, but this was home for the time being.  He would have to get used to it, and learn to love it like the Father did.

"A walk would be nice, if you're not busy," the boy said, not needing to look at his sister to feel her rock on her feet with excitement.  "I think we could use from fresh air, too."

Mable nodded in agreement, thick loose curls bouncing with the movement.  "Yes, yes, I need fresh air so desperately you know.  I'm feeling sickly being inside so long - no offence, Father, the church is very nice.  Very elegant!  Hey, could you hold the bible for we while we walk?"  the last question was directed at Edmund, who took the book without a second thought.  Mable turned right back to Father Brennan, twice as expressive now that she had a free hand.

"Do you think we could walk down to the beach?  The weather seemed nice and sunny, I think it's wonderful for a beach day as long as you don't mind getting sand in your clothes.  But my brother's going to stay by the rocks, probably, so you could too if you don't want that.  If you think the beach is a nice choice, I mean.  Please?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Rill May Rest There - by Edmund Reynolds - 05-23-2022, 04:39 PM