Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Sins of the Past Speak Again [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel had just finished Mass and he was still clearing the altar, helped by the altar server. Some people stayed behind to pray. It wasn't too busy, but for a week day there had been a good number, and he was happy to see such devotion. It was some small encouragement in these dark days.

The continuous absence of a certain constable immediately overshadowed that encouragement every time he got too cheerful.

Had he chased Mr. Crane away? Had he destroyed the poor man's faith. Trampled the meekest of them all? Should he go talk to him? He felt a little more in control these days. His latest confession had reminded him of the alternative. Perhaps...

"Is everything alright, father?"

Pulled out of his pondering, Gabriel realized he was putting the chalice in the wrong cupboard. He took it out, turned to the boy and smiled tiredly. "Yes, Thomas. I was a little lost in thought, I'm afraid. Good thing I have you. Thanks for your help; you better be on your way now, or you'll be late for school."

By the time the sacristy was in order and Gabriel made his way back into the church, most congregants had left. He normally stuck around for a bit if he did the main Mass, in case people wanted to speak to him. And so he caught sight of a woman he recognized, yet couldn't immediately identify. He did not remember seeing her in Mass, or perhaps she had been there but had not come forward for communion. He nodded at her as a greeting and invitation, should she need it, and made his way to one of the pews and sat down. Then he remembered the holy unction given at the brothel. He turned his head to her again, to see if she approached of if he needed to approach her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sins of the Past Speak Again - by Gabriel Richards - 05-07-2022, 10:56 AM