Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Where the Wild Thyme Blows [Market, Shops and Spas]

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine resisted the urge to lean against her desk as the woman spoke and pet her large white cat. She listened intently and looked from the woman to the children and back. It seemed she was not up for letting this boy read a book that would let his mind wander to the thrill of adventure in that manner. "I do have Robinson Crusoe.. But.. if you may let me suggest another. I was going to let someone else borrow this book, but I think perhaps it's more fitting." She walked silently towards the book in question. It was down three aisles, and past another row.

"It has traveling to distant shores... fantastical people... but doesn't really reward adventurous behavior." She lifted the book from the shelf and handed it over. "Gulliver's Travels. I'll bet if the boy enjoys reading at all, he'll be sucked right in. If it isn't what you really like, I still have the other book."

It was hard to stifle it, but the corners of her lips did turn up. "Oh no, my lady. I am not married. It is how I am able to run such a successful store." She raised her hand not filled with feline to the mostly empty shop.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Wild Thyme Blows - by Christine Pennyfeather - 06-20-2022, 03:34 AM