Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] I'm Going Slightly Mad... [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah settled back in the small uncomfortable space. He nodded though he knew the other man couldn't see. "I will try, Father. And.. no. I haven't. I don't feel temptation towards most things. I live a very dull life I am afraid. " He laughed weakly and then cleared his throat. 

"I will keep your words in mind. I feel... better. And I thank you. I've been unraveling between this problem and this self hatred. I will try to move forward and let it go. If I do have any problems in the future I will know I have someone I can talk to. Thank you. You are much better than your predecessor. Exactly what this town needed. "
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel was worried the man might rush off before absolution. "You can always come talk to me, either in confession or outside." He clenched his teeth together for a moment as well as his hands. They were sweaty. "For your penance..." He felt uncomfortable and had to steady himself before continuing. "Say ten our fathers. Focus on the 'forgive us our tresspasses'. Do you know how to make an act of contrition?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Thank you, but I do not think I have the courage to reveal myself outside of the box. But I will return.."

Elijah gave a small sound of affirmation before pausing. He looked shameful and it came clear in his voice. "It has been quite a long time... Please remind me. I want to so things right ."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel nodded in the dark, though the man did not see. "Everything you tell me in confession is confidential, under pain of excommunication. This is a safe space." Not for himself, it felt. Gabriel felt shaken.

He took a deep breath. "Repeat this:" and he slowly give the man each line in turn: "O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell. But most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen." He could say it sleeping. Sometimes he was hardly aware of what he was saying at all.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah relaxed slightly. "Yes that is why I came here. I was certain it was. I just... couldn't help but worry."

He listened and nodded. It did sound very familiar. "Ah.. yes.." He began repeating him slowly and forgetting to mask his voice. "Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for... having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because... I-I.. dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell. But most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who are..ah.." He gulped feeling suddenly nervous and flushed. 

"Ah.. I.." He tugged at his collar as he felt more awkward and knew it was stupid to be, but continued. "All good and deserving of all my love..love.." his brain faltered as he had to repeat as he thought his voice died before it came out. The rest was said at almost double speed to hurry and spit it out. "I firmly resolve with the help of Thy graceto confess my sinstodo penance andto amend mylife. Amen."

He was quick to his feet, wanting to go. He had done as he was supposed to but was feeling like he had to go. His inability to get the words clearly surely broadcast how it got to him. He was slightly panicked and ready to return to his life where he didn't have to face it. "Thank you again. It was..ah.. Ten our fathers right ? I'll get right on it."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Wait.... wait a moment. You are forgetting the most important part." It seemed sone education was needed at the same time. Well, Gabriel loved teaching. "In this sacrament it is Christ himself you encounter. I am but a vessel, a mediator. When you confess your sins in the sacrament, and you have shown your repentance in making an act of contrition, Christ wants to offer his forgiveness. That's where absolution comes in." God, he loved catechesis. "When I speak the words of absolution ans make the sign of the cross over you, it is God's pardon you receive, and you know that you can start anew. It is the core of the sacrament." Gabriel held out his hand towards the man, suddenly feeling emotional. He swallowed, closed his eyes and then spoke the words in Latin, and he made a cross over the man.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah froze and lowered his head. He had forgotten  that part. His mind was full of things, not just the things he'd come there to resolve but important things. He took the lesson though sheepishly and muttered a thanks to the mysterious priest. 

His head lowered slight more as if to bow in the cramped space and the ked him again before grabbing the door. "That is all? I am sure I will be back here again. " Though if he was lucky he wouldn't .
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Go and sin no more." He added. "Yes, we are done, if you are." He said. "I'll be here if you need a confession or a talk or prayer. I'm here."

I'm here. He put his hand against the wood again. He felt tired.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked over and nodded. He was truly grateful. "Thank you. I will remember. No one has ever been here for me before. I hope I will not need your guidance or words to settle my fears. But I am sure I will.."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel just nodded in the dark, not knowing what to say. He leaned forward again, feeling the weight of his own brokenness and wishing he could leave the box and take a walk.