Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley wrote down Father Brennan's answer seemingly satisfied. He looked at the boy who rambled but seemed to write down everything he was saying. "A bike you say? Is it your mother's?" He had heard of a bike thief, as minor as it was to him. The man then leaned over to try to look down at the boy more so. "I know it is summer, but you will return to class like a good child, won't you? Or are you telling me you do actual work during the summer? Do you have an employer?"
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi remained quiet, leaning back in his seat. For all that he listened to James' explanations, and made a mental note of everything he said, he kept his focus on the constable on the other side of the desk.

At least he looked good in that uniform.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

"I think it is. She does ride it sometimes." When she was sober enough to not immediately fall over to one side or the other. He didn't like how the constable was leaning over. He stopped swinging his legs at last and entwined his fingers on his lap. "I 'elp Noah out at Mr. Meijer's farm..." He avoided the question about school.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley seemed in thought and clicked his tongue a few times as he leaned back in his seat to write things down. 'I see.. I see.. Alright." He looked back up at both of them before focusing on Malachi. "Tell me the nature of the crime you are reporting and the location of said crime as best as you are able."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

“Well, there were two that I was present for,” said Malachi, “one I only heard of.”

So, which to start, then? He took a breath as he thought it over, and when he exhaled, it blew a few strands of black hair away from his face.

“The first was a burglary at St. Hilda’s Anglican church, and the second was at St. Hilda’s Catholic church.”

If that wasn’t confusing, he didn’t know what was, but it was the truth.

“I saw several figures stealing various items from the Anglican church, one of them being the lockbox. I’m sure Father Peter and Father Merritt can attest to its disappearance, but neither were present at the time. I believe one of the men was Benjamin Ward.”
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James watched the priest with big eyes. Had Benjamin Ward really stolen from a church? Wasn't he going to church a lot and not drinking and all of that? Wow. "Must have been where Bram's gotten it from." It was a lie. But if Bram and his friends beat Longbottoms up like his dad and his friends did, he probably also took after his father in the stealing, so James' accusation could be true.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley wrote only a few words, but then grabbed another paper,this one blank and wrote very quickly. He had to know how to write fast and sometimes in short hand other wise he'd make someone wait. And if you made a witness wait they could begin to get nervous or second guess.

He looked towards the boy and lowered his brow. "So what crime are you wanting to make a report for? Something you know or witnessed?"
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi resisted the urge to knock a pencil off of Wesley's desk, just to see what he would do.

Arrest him, probably. His head tilted to the side while James and the constable conversed, subtly trying to see if he wore his handcuffs on his person.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

"Bram Ward stole candles from the church," James stated. "'e was braggin' about it in school."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley ignored the priest for the moment to look at the boy. He had two sets of handcuffs dangling from his hip in case he had a busy day. He had no idea what the other was looking at or why.

"Alright. You heard it. Tell me who else heard this confession and what day and time?" He said, knowing he'd just change the order once to ask Malachi the next question second.