or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Wipe My Ass, Or Suffer [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'6"

Zechariah pursed his lips, trying to think of a way to suss out what he wanted to without outright saying it.

“Russian?” he settled on.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Benny honestly enjoyed the conspiratorial way they were conversing, and all just to make rose miserable one last time. He seemed in thought before waving the notion aside. "I don't know. Not directly in anyway. Looks like a rich city kid with big dangerous ideals to me."
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Probably not Jews! Whew. He was happy to throw them under the horse, then. Zechariah brightened immediately.

“You are wise to see this, Mr. Benjamin.”

How had he seen this? Never mind, hardly mattered.

“What English husband wants a feminist for a wife?”

Never mind that Nesah seemed all about that life.

“He must be alerted, as soon as possible. I will reward you for any proof collected on her of this.”

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny smiled brightly and winked. "Leave it to me. I am sure I can come up with something. It might hurt my reputation a little ,but who cares? I'm not from town so no one cares too much anyway right? And the only people who would know is that maid and her husband so I could care less." He waved it off and beamed a huge grin.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

There was a shadow of doubt over his face. A Christian man of Zechariah’s means could do no wrong, but Zechariah was not that man.

“You need not do anything too brazen, Mr. Benjamin. I can account for you on premise … but we are both strangers, here.”

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny rose his brow and smiled more. "We aren't trying to get her arrested. Just to mess up their marriage and sow seeds of doubt, aren't we? Besides, when did I ever say I would bring your name up? You are my boss, there is no way a man of your means would be so petty as to be behind his servant's strange actions." He shrugged and chuckled. "I would not put you in danger for this, I am pleased to do it. So trust me."
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

“You did not,” Zechariah agreed, though he did not look assuaged. “I know you would not,” he answered at Benny’s further attempts to comfort him in dastardly deeds.

He clasped his hands behind him, yet again looking for ways to address the subject without being explicit about it. It was not as though anyone who worked for him did not know Zechariah was Jewish. The man before him himself had prepared many a kosher-equivalent dish in his name. But he worried that articulating precautions aloud was akin speaking an evil which was already there into corners it did not already lurk.

“We are strangers upon these shores, you and I,” he reiterated. “I am fortunate to be threaded into the fabric here as much as I am. You have not had as long to put roots down here, and I do not want you to compromise that for …” spite. Spite spite spite spite sheer and saturated spite. “… one baker’s spared burnt buns.”

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny seemed to consider his words. He looked confused and rubbed at his smooth cheek. Suddenly he snapped his fingers.

"Ah! You think if I do anything too embarrassing or reprehensible to myself it'll reflect back on you. No matter what I might say, right ? Since you're my employee and you should be able to understand a person's character before hiring a seadog like myself?" He grinned and cackled.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

It was Zechariah’s turn to be confused.

“Mr. Benjamin,” he said before he could stop himself. “I hired Rose.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny blinked then smirked covering his lips. "Sorry, boss. That you did. And you hired me. And I have the utmost respect and admiration for ya doing it. Alright, tell me what you'd like and I'll do my best to please you."