Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Lying in wait [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

There was a slight curve of Catherine's lips when the lord stooped down to pick up her things. Yet she sounded surprised when she gasped: "Oh dear, how foolish! I'm so embarrassed!"

Well, she should be, thought Sarah, who was embarrassed merely to have an involuntary part in this. Yet she responded to her cue and came flying over after the Marquess started picking up her mistress things. "Oh, Miss Catherine. What happened? Who is this gentleman?" she asked with such devotion that one could hardly suspect how she was internally questioning whether she was paid enough to put up with this nonsense.

"Just a dropped purse, Sarah," said Catherine and she took the bag from the lord, giving him her sweetest smile with a lightly tilted head from what she knew was her best angle. "I believe this is the Marquess North. And he is as gentlemanly as they say. Thank you so much, my lord. I'll make sure to have that clasp checked." She made a most elegant curtsy. "Catherine Ennington is your damsel in distress."

Sarah made a less elegant curtsy, though she bent her head down the same way as her mistress, to hide a look of mortification.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lying in wait - by Quentin North - 06-28-2021, 10:38 PM
RE: Lying in wait - by Catherine Ennington - 06-29-2021, 10:53 AM
RE: Lying in wait - by Quentin North - 07-02-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: Lying in wait - by Jack - 07-05-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: Lying in wait - by Quentin North - 07-08-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: Lying in wait - by Catherine Ennington - 07-13-2021, 09:13 AM