Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Lorn paused his eating to listen to her history, and the tones of her voices as she told it.  His blue eyes stayed on her face with an expression of one interested in the story and concerned as she hit things that obviously bothered her.   He reached over putting a hand on her wrist, gentle. 

"I am sorry you have sad memories of her father.  A father should be your rock and shoulder when needed."  He adored and respected his father, his father-in-law, and had felt the same for Heid's grandfather.  He had known some men that had not been kind to the children and it wasn't good to witness.  For Karen and her brother to feel the need to leave made him think it was pretty bad indeed. 

"As for your brother, I will keep that in mind and not buy any medicines from him if he tries to sale them to me."  He'll also make sure to indicate to the staff to only get medications from a proper doctor.  "Other than that, would you allow him to visit you?  If not, I can keep him off the property."  He could tell there was some care there for the brother, but it seemed their relationship was murky to him.   He would do all he could to protect her from harm.  All she had to do would be to let him know.  That protection feeling was already quite strong within him when it came to Karen.

When she got to the part about doing the books for her brother, he raised an eyebrow of interest.  "You did the accounts?  I might have you look at those accounts here for the house.  Mrs. Pearson does it quite well, but she wants me to approve of it.  I don't always have the time, to be honest.   I do all the accounts for the stables and sales, so there is a lot there for one person."

"So, Harold didn't even get to see the twins, did he?"  He said softly with sadness.  He thought of the idea that he might never have even met Heidi.  Or known she existed, in his situation.  "Do you have a picture of him?"  He asked thinking of how he kept a picture of Cressida in the nursery for Heidi, and one of her birth mother for once Heidi was old enough to know about being adopted.  He wanted her to know both her mothers and her birth grandparents.  Lorn sent letters once a month to let the grandparents hear how the child was doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? - by Lorn Vaughn - 05-23-2021, 06:36 PM