Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

That was the part she dreaded. She looked down into her soup and murmured, "Well, I was born in Ireland. Me da is a doctor, not a very good man though... So me brother and I struck off on our own a long time ago. We've traveled through England a lot. Me brother..." she paused and said, "Well... he is a salesman." Karen wasn't sure whether to disclose that he sold snake oil, so she hesitated a moment and took a deep breath, "He sells tonics and potions to people... Snake oil, really. I wish he would stop."

Then she sipped at the broth and sighed at the umami flavor of it. Her eyes lifted to his face. "Eventually, I grew tired of it and I just had ta stop doin' his books for him. I know he's got ta make a living but..." Then she continued. "Anyhow, I met Harold there and we... wed quickly. I was only wit' him for a few months before he was taken from me."

"After he died, this is where I came, lookin' fer me brother after he left me... He didn't approve of my marriage to Harold because he was a doctor. He hates da so much that he had it in his head to hate me husband fer bein' a doctor."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? - by Karen Calloway - 05-23-2021, 10:58 AM