Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

He smiled back at her, his blue eyes twinkling with the show of how much he was enjoying being with her.  Once they arrived at the circular drive in front of the front door, Lorn waited for the carriage to come to a complete stop before getting out to turn and give his large hand out to assist Karen.    The outside lights were on the porch showing the door clearly. 

"Mr. Pearson, I'll drive her back afterward, just leave it here and go home to get your boys some dinner.  Mrs. Pearson won't likely leave here until after dinner, so you and the boys are likely on your own."  He chuckled.

Mr. Pearson laughed.  "She set up a stew in the kitchen for us earlier and threatened to skin me if I ruined her good stew kettle when I heat it up."  He waved Karen and Lorn and headed his way back home.

At the door, Lorn was about to open the door when Mr. Tinkerman opened it for them.  Apparently, the man had been listening and waiting for the correct time.  The butler gave a proper nod to Lorn and Karen as they went past him and into the hallway.

Of course, Karen had been inside the house, but usually from the back way in.  He led her up the central spiral stairs that led from the foyer up to the second floor.  Often Lorn just used the servent stairs behind that area of the main stairs, as he would come in from the back himself to visit with Heidi during the day.  But today was special and he wanted to be a gentleman with Karen.

Upstairs, they went out onto the landing to the second-floor foyer that opened to three doors, well also a door to a closet.  He led her to the right side door that opened to the formal dinner room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? - by Lorn Vaughn - 05-21-2021, 12:23 AM