Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Quiet Talk [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"I would never walk away from somebody because they have no job. Especially," she added, "not when my own brother is behind you not having your job." She was starting to shake with her anger and tears. How could he? How could he do this to someone who didn't do anything wrong. It made her feel like it was her fault. Was Robert doing it just to get to her? Papa would be very angry when he learned of this.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

Joe gently tightened his embrace. If she felt secure, maybe the tears would stop. It was nice to have someone who cared.

"Thank you, Pearl." he said.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She tried to stop crying for his sake, but she was so very angry that it was hard for her to stop. She said, "I am so very sorry about Robert. I'll do what I can to make this right." She looked into his eyes, hers round and wet. "I will help any way I can."

286 Posts
8 Threads

"I mean, a job would be grand. Can you fix that?" Joe asked with a hint of humour. "Oh and I'd like to meet Robert again and thank him for everything e's done." Joe answered, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"My father can," she said. "He wouldn't stand for this at all," she paused, choosing not to be upset that he was sarcastic with her. She knew he was angry at the way things went down and frankly, she could not blame him one bit. "As for my brother... He has another thing coming if he thinks he can do this to you." She was definitely going to daddy.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Joe straightened and pulled slightly away from her.

"Pearl, there's something else ye should know." he sighed. "After I got dismissed, I went and got drunk. So drunk, I had no wits about me. Well, I insulted a constable and had to go before the judge. I have to pay a fine."

Before she could answer, he felt compelled to defend himself further.

"I made a mistake. I'm not proud of it and I'm sorry, but I want ye to 'ear it from me, not read it in the paper, or hear some gossip."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She only hugged him tighter, resting her head on his shoulder briefly. "You were in a rough spot and I am not cross with you at all." She pulled back to look into his eyes, tears still streaking her face but slowed for the most part.

286 Posts
8 Threads

"Thank ye, Pearl." Joe answered exhaling deeply. He felt relief at not caring so many burdens around, but was also moved by her sadness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset ye. I hate to see ye cry." Joe used a finger to catch a falling tear.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I'm just so angry, Joe. He had no right..." she sighed and leaned her forehead against his.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Joe remained silent. What could he say? She was right of course, but then he had had a few days to process things somewhat, whereas things were still raw for her.