Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Childhood Memory [Market, Shops and Spas]
Abilene Kildare
A smile crept back onto Abilene's face and she almost responded much too exuberantly, but she caught herself and replied, "That would be a splendid chance, thank you." She wondered if he would offer her his arm, but then again, a handsome fellow like he might be seeing someone and despite her building attraction to him, she wouldn't want to intrude upon that. "It seems fate is in my favor today," she added jokingly, although she didn't believe much in the goodness of the whims of the world since her parents died and her sister was restricted to a wheelchair.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

He thought about offering his arm but he did not wish to impress upon people that he was courting another woman when he was clearly courting Rose. Hell, he had heard about people whispering but chose to ignore them for the most part when it regarded him and Rose. "It's not far, it's this way," he directed and led her to his shop, which he soon unlocked and led her into. The inside was immaculate.
Abilene Kildare
Abilene nodded and followed Andrew, marveling at just how tall he was (and handsome, but she tried to ignore those thoughts). The inside of the bakery smelled wonderful and Abilene was brought back for a moment to her childhood, running about her parents' bakery, helping them serve customers, and baking treats with them just for her and her siblings to eat. A smile grew on her face and she opened her eyes again from when they'd closed at the wave of memory. Andrew's bakery was spotless and Abilene was impressed- with all those baking ingredients, mud out on the streets of Whitby that people undoubtedly tracked in, and the dust that gathered in every building in this town, it must be hard to keep a place so neat. "It's lovely," she said, the compliment truthful, and looked around a bit more but didn't move, just examining the space with her eyes.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"The first thing I do before I open up is to make sure me floors and counters are clean," he explained, "And I am usually here quite early ta get started on me breads." He showed her around, indicating the displays and such. "I don't like me bakery bein' all dirty. I suppose I got it from me master back in London, but I don't like dirt much at all." So he was a bit obsessive about it. "I like ta start with me bread first and then work me way to pastries. If ye choose to accept me offer, yer job will be ta help keep the place clean and ye will also be learning about the different things I bake. Once ye know all of that, I'll have ye baking in no time at all."
Abilene Kildare
Abilene turned to Andrew and almost hugged him, but held herself back. "You really mean the offer?" When she saw he did, her smile grew and she beamed at him. "Oh, thank you so much!" She wasn't sure what to do with her hands then, so she extended them to shake. Both of them. Then she retracted one, blushing. For all the male attention she got in London, she really never learned how to talk to a man.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I mean it," he said and shook her hands. A stabbing of attraction went through him at that and he suddenly wondered how Rose would take the news that he had a female apprentice. He didn't think it would be a bad thing, it wasn't as if he was going to abandon her for this new girl. Andrew had more sense than that, yet he wasn't blind to the attractiveness of the young miss. "Ye start in a week's time. That ought ta give ye time ta settle back into Whitby."
Abilene Kildare
Abilene's smile was stunning as she shook Andrew's hand and she thanked him three times over for the opportunity. Blimey, he had lovely eyes. Not that she meant to look. A week was certainly enough time for her to settle down in Whitby, get a feel for things, write back home that she was doing well and had a job. Oh, wasn't this a splendid twist of Providence! She paused as she headed for the door, sensing their interaction was about done, and turned around, her blonde hair following her like a halo in the sunlight streaming in through the windows. "Is there anything I should bring for my first day of work?" She thought of another thing and added, "Oh- and what time should I come?" She'd be sure to be a few minutes early, she was so excited for this opportunity.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Six O'clock in the morning ought to do it. To be a baker, ye have to be early to rise, just like the bread." He giggled at his own little joke and shook her hand again. "I shall see ye when the time comes." Goodness, but she was pretty. What was he getting himself into now? He hoped Rose would not be slighted by his necessity to hire someone who happened to be a lovely young woman.
Abilene Kildare
Abilene giggled at Andrew's joke, her cheeks flushing becomingly. "Indeed," she replied as she shook his hand once more. As she slipped out the door with one last smile at him, she wondered at her good luck reuniting with him today. Now she had a job! Wonderful. That was a step forward to settling in Whitby. She found herself whistling as she walked down the street, her basket swinging on her arm.