Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Meeting the Family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

"I like it well," he said, "especially since I have met and befriended people. I plan on settling down soon, taking a wife and startin a family here."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose could not help the blush that spread across her face, and the more aware she became of it, the more she blushed. She stared down at her face to avoid looking at anyone.

"Well that's a good thing," her father said. "I hope you shall be very happy here." And marry his daughter.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Tis my great hope as well, sir," he paused and then said, "Thank ye." His eyes were on the blushing Rose and a smile played at his lips, his eyes dancing. While still looking at Rose, he said, "I have someone in mind. I just hope she is agreeable, as is her father. She's lovely and she doesn't seem to know it."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed deeper and Ben seemed satisfied. "Ye probably only need to let her know yer intent..." Rose said quietly.

Bram leaned over the table and said in a loud whisper: "I think 'e means you, Rose."

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I have to ask her father first, tis the honorable thing to do after all." He continued to smile, "But we're eating supper and I have to wait." He was having a little fun with this, for she was adorable when she blushed. "But I think she knows me intent now. Especially since her brother said something." He chuckled.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose prayed for the earth to swallow her when her little brother spoke, and if he would have sat closer, she would have pinched him. She looked up at Andrew shyly when he spoke, thankful that he did not seem embarrassed.

Her sister made a barely audible gagging sound.

"Aye, let's not speak of it now." father said. "Do you have family left in London, Mr. Willaby? How do they feel about the move?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I don't have any family," he said softly. "Me ma died when I was born and me da died when I was just a wee bairn. I was lucky enough ta be taken in by a baker when I tried ta steal from him. He made me his apprentice. He was as close to a pa as I had." He was finished with his plate of food, so he sat there with his hands on the table. "Me master gave me his blessing on movin' ta Whitby. His son is taking over his bakery."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh..." said Ben, apparently not sure how to respond to that for a moment. "Well God bless him."

"Let's try that chocolate tart!" Rose quickly said, and she got up.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Andrew gave a nod toward Ben and then turned his attention back to Rose when she suddenly blurted out about the chocolate tart. "Indeed, we shall."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

The plates had to be washed first, since there were not enough to serve both courses. Anne helped Rose and Bram was scolded for not finishing his hot food because he had been stuffing his face with brioche. Will ended up eating the rest. "Andrew makes absolutely delicious chocolate tart," Rose announced while she added dry plates to the pile. She gave him a reassuring, though somewhat shy smile.