Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Meeting the Family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose beamed up at him. She stopped, raised his hand in hers and kissed it. "I'm so happy, Andrew. You can't imagine how happy you've made it.

Mostly because she could quit her job, and wouldn't be an old spinster, and would not be so alone. Not because she was desperately in love. She wasn't. But Rose wasn't bother. She had been desperately in love once. And she never wanted to hurt like that again. Andrew was good, sensible, and handsome as a bonus, and with the bakery they could provide for themselves and their children. She would not ask for more. She would be afraid of more.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

"Good, I am glad," he said honestly. "I was awfully nervous when I went to ask yer pa for his blessing, and again when I asked ye. I didn't think ye'd say yes." He gave a sheepish smile toward her. And then he squeezed her hands. "Ye really did make me day a lot better when ye did say yes, ye know?" Love? Who needed that for marriage? Andrew paused and thought, I don't know her very well to love her. This was a practical arrangement. It helped that she was pretty even if she didn't see it, and he genuinely liked her company, but love was not part of the equation, it seemed. Andrew pushed that thought into the back of his head.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked up at him, half-playful, half-confused. "Ye didn't think I'd say yes? Why, you surprise me quite. I thought the way you made me blush at dinner said it all. She gave him a gentle shove. "Thanks for that!" she said in a fake-offended tone.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He laughed at her playful banter, did not shove back but grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry," he quipped and kissed her nose. "Ye said yes though, and that is all that matters."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed when he grabbed and hugged her. His chest felt so strong. But she was very aware of her surroundings. "Andrew..." she scolded. "What will people say if they see us like this?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Bugger on them," he said with a grin, but released her. "They'd see me flirtin' with me fiance. Tis a good thing." He smiled at her and offered his arm again. "Let's get ye home before ye're late. I promise I won't flirt with ye anymore iffin ye don't want me to. I'll be a perfect gentleman." He gave that silly bow.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

That made her giggle. "Well then, I'll be a well-behaved lady." And she took his arm with a very gentle touch, and stuck her nose up in the air. "Not too fast, sir. My poor delicate lady feet can't handle it."

298 Posts
5 Threads

He laughed warmly at that, then imitated a lord with a perfect accent, "I say, darling. We wouldn't want your delicate feet to get delicate blisters." He laughed a little more, a belly laugh this time. He really was in a good mood.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh no, darling, don't even talk of that. I shan't be able to wear my shoes, and I shall be the talk of every party. Oh, I shall never overcome such a humiliation."

Mr. Meijer's house appeared in the distance, and Rose felt her spirits sink, as usual. But she tried to fortify herself with the thought that she was going to stop working there. She didn't need to be afraid of Mr. Meijer or his sister anymore.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"That would be a travesty," he said and then faked a fancy guffaw. "To have everyone at the party peering at you from monocled eyes and opera glasses." He pantomimed the monocled look.

He watched her deflate as her employer's house came into view, and stooped down so his "monocled" face was at eye level with hers, and he said, "But you are the belle of the ball and I shall sweep you off into a waltz."