Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Meeting the Family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben nodded again. If Rose would marry a fisherman her life might well be a greater struggle financially. He cared more about the man being sensible with money and knowing what he was doing than about being very rich. And he did seem to know where his business stood. "Then if Rose consents, ye have me blessing."

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

He gave a genuinely happy, huge grin. "Thank ye, sir," he said with some excitement in his voice. He wanted to finish smoking with Ben first before he asked Rose directly for her hand, it would give him some fortification, he thought as nerves took back over.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben smiled. "I appreciate you've worked yer way up from nowt, and the fact that ye'r lookin' after those in need. Ye'r a good man for it." Then suddenly a rather worried expression crept over his face. "Has Rose told ye about Simon?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Nay, she hasn't." He looked surprised, though not thoroughly shocked since there was still a lot he had to do to get to know Rose before and after, if she agreed that is, they wed.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded slowly. "Then she must tell ye, before ye ask 'er," he said with a rather grim expression.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He nodded and took a last puff from his pipe, letting it roll out his nostrils in a sigh. He knew that asking someone to marry him wouldn't be that easy, but never imagined it would be as hard as it was.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben took a draw of his pipe. Then another thought crossed his mind - poor Andrew. "Ye go to church, son?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Aye, every Sunday," he said. He lifted his foot and tapped the ash out of his pipe before making sure it was completely out and pocketing the thing. "That was one of the first things Rose asked me," he said with a smile.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

That brought a smile om his face. "I'm glad for that." Ben finished his smoke as well. "Let's go back in then," and he led Andrew back inside, where Rose had a rather anxious expression on her face.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Andrew followed Ben in and smiled when he saw Rose. "May I talk to ye alone, Miss Rose?"