Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Drowning in Swill [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

105 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, Inspector
Height: 5'7"

"Nine times out of ten I find the person alive, the other time is usually foul play. I've only ever had five or six cases that were foul play." He downed the rest of the ale in the tankard and nodded to the bartender to refill. While that was being done, Marcus turned on the stool and peered at Menachem, "This one involves more than one disappearance, I am afraid."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem looked at him curiously. "Oh really? Well, any chance you can give me some ideas on what you think of the case? If you can, if not I completely understand. You can't be certain of anything at this time anyway, I imagine. Especially if they are all still missing."

105 Posts
2 Threads

"I think Magnus Carrington the Fourth is behind it and the disappearance of a courtesan," he said matter of factly. "I just have to find proof before I go accusing him, though. He owns the Diamond Pony and nobody in his family even knows it." When the next ale came to him, he took a drink and set it down. He normally didn't talk about his cases, loose lips, yanno? But he was slightly intoxicated.

281 Posts
6 Threads

"Oh, isn't that just interesting? Isn't he very dangerous? I hope you find out before he gets you for poking your nose in his business if that is what happened..." he started on his second drink. "Becareful. The rich get away with everything."

105 Posts
2 Threads

"Quite. His youngest sister is the one paying for me to find this information. I am not afraid of a little death, but I am worried about Pearl Carrington catching her own death from her brother. If I die trying to save her from dying, it will be the single greatest thing I have accomplished in my miserable fucking life." He sighed.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem rose his brow as he listened. "Are you sweet on this girl? You are very attached to a client.. besides, wouldn't it be easier to just get her to leave town for a while if she is in such danger?"

105 Posts
2 Threads

"No, nothing like that. I just know she is knee-deep in shit right now and I would hate to see anyone suffer at her brother's hands, let alone her. I have suggested to her that she should leave town but she said she is already in enough trouble with her family that she had to leave their cozy mansion. That girl is too eccentric for my taste buds, but then again, I'll take whatever I can get." He snorted, "No, the girl I was sweet on was a courtesan."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem ah'd and chuckled. "You are too nice for your profession, I think. But who am I to talk? The guy who helped me went above and beyond, and I'm grateful for it. Well, if I notice anything, you'll be the first I go to. I can't stand the law much for how good it's worked for me." He took a moment to drain almost half of his second drink and sighed. "I'll tell you what, taking what you can get can get you into huge trouble. You put yourself into crazy and that crazy will stick with you way after." He gestured to him. "You need to know how to be charismatic. You look rough but you seem nice, and you aren't as ugly as some who have someone." He waved his hand. "A courtesan? Fancy term for the same thing, at least you were getting it for free." He laughed and bumped him lightly. "I'm just saying it cause she broke your heart, so don't think I'm trying to be too harsh. At least she made you happy a little bit right? Just don't give up, be bolder maybe."

105 Posts
2 Threads

"I can be charismatic. It just doesn't seem like it right now because I am shit-faced." He gave a chuckle and bumped back. He liked this guy. He took another drink of swill. When he was done, he set it down and sent a look to Menachem, "I appreciate your help. Hopefully, this case can be solved soon and I can get out of Whitby. I highly doubt it though."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem grinned and patted his shoulder. "Oh, I believe it. " He shook his head and finished off his second drink, clearly getting more relaxed and cheerful.

"You have to have confidence. You're Marcus, P.I.! Soon to be known as one of the greatest detectives in history, not seen since the Rue Morgue!"