Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Revenge at last [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

[Content warning: Reference to child abuse, and probably also neglect and alcoholism]

Harry stormed into the police station. Yes, for once he entered it voluntarily and without handcuffs. "I DEMAND JUSTICE!" He shouted.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nearly jumped at the noise. He looked over and stood immediately to approach Harry. "What is it?" It had to be serious for Harry to come to him and not take matters into his own hands. "Please calm down and we can talk about this."
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

Harry glared at Elijah, because surely he was complicit. But Harry wouldn't have it. "I want Ben Ward arrested!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah held up his hands and lightly gestured towards Harry. "Please, calm down. Why? I can not arrest someone merely because I was told to. Would you like some tea? It might calm your nerves."
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

"I don't need you offerin' me owt!" Harry said. "No doubt ye knew of it, but didn't care, because you're buddies with him. Well, I want him arrested for assault on my son!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and folded his arms, shaking his head. "You know I went to your son, asking if he could identify his attackers. I was willing to put them in jail. He didn't want to cooperate. I had no other witnesses. So I can't arrest Ben or anyone else, just because you say so. That isn't how the law works. If you want to tell Noah to come in here and finally make that report, maybe I can do something."
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

"What? So you did know of it, but ye didn't investigate!? T' newspaper is right about ye!" He was red with rage and slammed his hand down on the table. "Ye didn't investigate because ye know whose responsible!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah narrowed his eyes. "Do not give me that. I don't know why you are blind but a lot of people don't like your son. And while I wouldn't be surprised if he had a part of it, then what? He might have gotten others to do it, but I don't know who they are. And what do I do when I arrest them and your son refuses to go to court to testify? They aren't going to just admit it. All we have is a motive. So you tell me how I am supposed to arrest someone. Do you know every man involved, Harry? If I arrested someone everytime there was a crime and two people didn't get along, there could be a lot of innocent people behind bars, you included."
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

"Who cares what he wants!? He's a child!" Harry started pacing. "Damn right we have a motive. So you should at least take him in for questioning! What sort of constable are ye? If it was one of Ben's that was beaten, you'd be all over town tryin' to find the person responsible, but you don't care if it's one o' mine!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah tried to keep calm but he was getting frustrated. "What can I ask him?! I would have nothing to go on to show he was there. And he might not have been, again! I do not know. Your son will not tell me, and he certainly won't tell me. You have no clue how the law works, Harry. Trust me, there have been plenty of people I truly wanted to save and my hands were tied. If you want him arrested, drag your son in here and make him give me a statement. Otherwise, I can do nothing."