Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Heavy Horses [Market, Shops and Spas]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony took a spot near the bar, someplace comfortable and relaxing. He sat and looked at the man as it was clear he wouldn't have to worry about this Lou drinking him penniless. "Order what you want, this is my treat for you coming to my aid. The world is full of terrible selfish people. Nice to meet an exception." He was of course not an exception, but that didn't mean he would be a problem for Lou.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'6"

Lou grinned and thanked Mr. McBride again for his generosity. He ordered a hot sandwich, a decently cheap item, and a mug of hot cider to ward off the cold rain, before striking up a conversation and asking Mr. McBride if he'd like to hear stories about Lou's pets.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded as he ordered the same. "Of course, tell me about them. Jenny has been as much a friend as an animal in all the time we've spent together." He sipped his cider and looked to Lou.

194 Posts
2 Threads

A wide grin grew on Lou's face as Mr. McBride- well, he supposed he could call the man Pony in his head by now -mentioned his horse. Lou too had a strong bond with his mare, Kip, and he told a few stories about her as they ate and drank, then discussed his cat Betty who'd recently had a litter of kittens and his dog Rhino who was the most mischievous scamp of a dog he'd ever known. "And I take in a lot of strays each year!" he exclaimed as he finished up the story. "Tell me about your Jenny," he said, the topic of animals keeping a smile on his face despite the wind starting to howl outside.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded. "That sounds delightful, I've traveled since I left home so I haven't been in position to take in pets." He ate slowly before gesturing outside. "You saw her outside with the broken strap. Jenny is my donkey. Got her for a good deal compared to a horse. I'm glad I made the choice though, I wouldn't trade her for anything. She's a bit stubborn but sweet."

194 Posts
2 Threads

A smile brightened on Lou's face and he looked out the window at the donkey. She snorted and pawed the ground, though he knew mostly by instinct as he couldn't see her legs. "What a lovely girl," he said honestly and nodded appreciatively. He loved all animals but it was rare he met a donkey. He made a mental note to pat her on the nose when he left the tavern. He took a bite of his sandwich when it came and smiled at Pony, saying another thanks after he swallowed the bite.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony smiled huge as he complimented his ass. "She is quite a girl. She is getting older, so I'm wondering if I should just settle somewhere for a while so she can take it easy. I don't want to push her when she is showing wear, and I would feel bad replacing her with another and just having her still walk alongside us still for long stretches. "

194 Posts
2 Threads

Meyer nodded sagely. "My Kip's getting old too. She and I both aren't as young as we used to be." A smile cracked on his face, though, and he gave a chuckle. "She's still got spirit though. I'm sure your Jenny does too."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded, "Oh you're right. She still is so much like her old self, though I do feel bad when I see her struggle as she's slowing down. I have to remember to go easy on her. Hoping if I'm careful I'll still have her for quite a few years." He held up his cider as a toast to the man. "To our good friends, if only God had the kindness to make them live as long as us."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou gladly rose his mug of cider in return to Pony's toast, replying simply, "Indeed!" He took a long sip and smiled at how the heat of the drink warmed his chest and stomach, driving away the chill the rain brought. The sandwich he'd ordered was quite good, and he remarked this to Pony as he also thanked the man again for his generosity.