Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Just a walk [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

It was Sunday afternoon, and Rose was dressed in her best, albeit plain, Sunday dress. It was dark blue, and decorated with several ribbons. She wore a simple straw boater that she also used to cover her head in church, with a blue ribbon tied around the cap, decorated with a few cotton flowers Anne had made for it. Her red-brown hair was tied in a neat, braided bun, that Rose had spent ages to tie into perfection, and Anne had had to fix after church, and she had curled her bangs. She had polished her black shoes, although it was hard to hide the fact that there was a hole in the toe box of one of them. When father had heard of the 'walk', he had allowed Rose to buy a simple white lace choker, which she now wore with pride. Over all, she felt prettier than she had in ages, and she hoped Andrew would appreciate the result of a full morning of fretting. 

She pressed her lips tight together and pinched her cheeks to stimulate the blood flow and knocked on the door of the bakery.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

Andrew had also fretted all morning at his appearance. He felt awkward with his lanky form, bumbling. A dapper suit should take care of that, yeah? So the man slicked his hair back with slightly too much pomade, but that couldn't be fixed now, he thought with nervousness. He was genuinely interested in Miss Ward and wanted to give a good impression even still. The suit he wore was not of the finest quality but it was clean and neat as a pin, no holes to be seen, just a plain suit of dark blue and a bowler hat at the ready to hide the pomade slick. He had polished his shoes as well until they gleamed, but he was particularly obsessed with keeping things clean and neat, at least that could be gathered by the spotlessness of the shop.

At the sound of the knock at the door, he nearly jogged over and wrenched it open, but managed to stop himself by a hair, politely opened the door. "Hello, Rose," he said before stepping out to lock the door. He put on his hat and then tipped it at her, just before offering his arm enthusiastically.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose eyed him as he stepped out and what she saw pleased her. He had clearly made an effort, and the idea that all that was for her, made her feel flattered. "You look well," she said, and she meant it. She shyly took his arm, wondering who would see it and how fast the gossip would spread.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"How are ye today?" he asked as they began their walk. He set a leisurely pace and led her passed market. "It seems like a fine day for a walk," even though it was kinda snowy, he thought.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Aye it is!" Rose immediately confirmed, even though she was freezing. She wore a simple coat over her dress, but had left it open, to expose the dress. "I'm good." What did one say on a walk like this in order to be charming? "I trust you're well?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I am better now that ye are walking with me," he said sincerely and looked down at her with a toothy smile. "Ye look mighty pretty today, Miss Rose."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose grinned and nudged him gently with her elbow. "Ye flatter me too much, Andrew," she teased. She loved all the flattering. No one ever noticed her. Not in a positive manner, anyway. "Where would ye like to go?

298 Posts
5 Threads

"If ye didn't like it, ye would say so, wouldn't ye?" he grinned even wider at her words. "And I hadn't planned on a place ta take ye, I just thought we'd walk with no particular destination in mind. I think it adds a little spontineity, don't ye think?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed. It didn't bother her. She relished in it. "Oh I like that," she said, even though she really liked to have a plan and didn't like spontaneity.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"We could walk through market, but what fun would that be?" he asked. "Then again, I don't shop just to shop. What do ye think, do ye want to go to market? Eat something from there? We could get something to eat and find a place to sit and we can picinic."