Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Cordelia Whitlock
Cordelia nodded. "It's been strange, really, being recognized so much," she admitted. "My parents weren't exactly poor, but they weren't nearly as wealthy as my grandmother, and our name really meant nothing to anyone of importance in London. Now that we're in Whitby, everything's changed- some for the better and some not." Cordelia sighed. She should probably be getting home, but these damn steps were just so steep, and so many, and since she was carrying her notebook in her only working hand, she wouldn't be able to grab the railguard if she fell. With a huff of annoyance that blew a strand of hair off her cheek, she realized her situation, having been too frustrated at Mr. Carrington to discern it before, and she tried to remember some of the high-society manners her grandmother was trying to teach her. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to help me out a moment?" No, that was certainly not the sort of thing Eve Whitlock would say. "I'm a little unsure about making down all these stairs with only one hand." Ah, even worse, now she'd just revealed something about herself that was sure to raise curiosity- yet another thing her grandmother wouldn't have even thought to mention. Stifling a sigh, she added, giving up on the whole courtesy thing, "Look- I'm not very good at this whole high-society manners thing, would you just give me a hand down the stairs?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-27-2020, 12:12 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-27-2020, 06:02 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-28-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-29-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-31-2020, 12:14 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 05-31-2020, 07:58 PM
RE: Prying Inquiries Can Lead to Plausible Indignation - by Cordelia Whitlock - 06-01-2020, 01:25 PM