Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Who says times are hard? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Sorry to disturb you, Elijah," Ben said when he realized the constable had already gone to bed. "I met this guy in the street who claims to live here." He gestured at Anthony." Since he wouldn't leave me alone, I thought I'd come and check, and I suppose you could arrest him. He's a danger to himself and everyone around him at this stage."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

The mention of someone else there made him blink and force his eyes to open stronger and look around. Seeing Anthony slipped back to not be noticed made him wake up fully and his slight smile fell. He looked down in thought and sighed. "He does.. Well he has another home, but he has stayed here a lot. Whenever he wishes to.. I am sorry if he's caused you trouble." His fingers moved up to rest on his forehead.

Clearly, Anthony had been drinking again. He thought most people drank to escape their woes, whether it was the troubles of a poor life with no foreseeable way out to a better life, or the stress or boredom of being upper class. What did Anthony want to escape so badly he seemed to be out drinking at night more often than not?

The man sighed and looked to Ben. "I do not believe he is a danger to anyone but himself. Thank you for bringing him here. I will keep an eye on him. I am so sorry once more."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony frowned as soon as he realized that they were talking about him, now, and he had actually been noticed. Whereas but a few moments ago he wanted so much attention, right now he just wished he could shrink away from the spotlight and die or something. He wanted to try and say something in his defense, but he just couldn't get the words out. He didn't like just watching these people talk about as if he weren't even an actual person, and kind of wanted to protest against that, but. Didn't.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

A deep frown reappeared on Ben's face. He looked back at Anthony, and then at Elijah again. "Are you out of your mind, Elijah. There's places his lot can go to. I know ye wanna help people, but ye don't need to let 'im into yer home. For all ye know, he'll slit yer throat while you're asleep and run off with yer valuables."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed but tried to give Anthony a small smile. "Come on inside. I'm sure you're exhausted." He didn't want Anthony to be heard spoken to like this. Though he did look at Ben, whether or not Anthony did go. "I am quite aware of that, Ben. I'm not a child any more, and I've certainly made my mistakes. If he wanted to, he's had plenty of opportunity. But I've known him more than one night..." Not that he was about to mention he had let the man stay the first night they had met. "And I am aware of his good points. Not everyone who makes mistakes is a dangerous criminal or monster. I think it is important you remind them that they are human. We all have done things we aren't proud of, Ben. Please, don't tell me how to live my life. If someone does that to me some day, at least I would die knowing I tried and didn't turn my back on others.'
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony was on the verge of tears yet again. He sheepishly stepped inside the house as soon as he was given the clear. Really, he just wanted to get as far away from this entire situation as possible. Though the logical part of his mind would tell him that he's not as bad of a person as that guy is saying he is, the logical part of his mind is also severely impaired right now—and thus, he just stood aloofly inside the house, absolutely convinced that he's a disgrace to everyone and a horrible, heartless person, that noone would miss him if he died. He's crying, now.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I ain't tellin' ye how to live yer life, Elijah." Yeah. He never did that. To anyone. "I'm just concerned for yer safety. And yer reputation. You're supposed to be an example to this town. 'Ave ye heard the filth comin' out of this guy's mouth?" Bram and Will were not going to stay here anymore. That much was clear to him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah held up his hands defensively. "I can take care of myself, Ben. And I've been working on that. They are just words. I am hoping my reputation wouldn't be so tarnished by one man who can't help but overly partake and let his lips go a little wild." Boy that sounded wrong. "He's harmless and is more bark than bite. He needs alittle time and a little stability and safety in his life to finally relax and start pulling himself together. It isn't something done over night."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony frowned. Much as he tried to block out the voices, it didn't work out at all and he was still forced to listen to them talking about him as if he weren't even here. "Why don't—why don't you just fuck off," Anthony said, glaring at Ben, because that certainly didn't just prove the man's point. He seemed to be pretty satisfied with what he had said, until a few seconds passed and he immensely regretted giving in to that impulse and was just very silent again.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben was about to reply when the homeless guy spoke again and Ben gave him a look of utter disgust. "Ye make yer own decisions, Elijah. I just hope that's all the damage he can do. If ye'd want to offer yer couch to someone in need, I'd say there are bairns out there who could use it better and are more deservin'."