Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Just Don't Know [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius nodded as he walked to him ," Did you think I'd back out?" He chuckled weakly and rubbed his hands together. "So are we going somewhere?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

"I wasn't sure." Gabriel admitted. "Come on." He led them through one of the main streets of Whitby, but then entered a yard, and through there, another. They passed the Ward's cottage, but moved on into a long, narrow street. The buildings were worn, and there were many dirty children on the street, watching them with big eyes as they passed by. There was a nauseating smell coming from one of the shared privies nearby. They reached a galleried building, and went up two flight of stairs. Gabriel knocked at one of the doors.

A woman dressed in shabby clothing opened, and smiled wide when she saw the priest. "Oh, father, so good of you to come." She suddenly caught sight of Darius and looked at the priest questioningly.

"This is..." Gabriel looked at the man and then realized that he didn't even know the man's name, "a friend. I hope you don't mind?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

As he followed him, Darius wondered where on earth he was going. Each step seemed to be worse than the last. He had to cover his nose at one point and stuck closer to the priest than he meant to. He glanced around and then tried to avoid looking as it didn't help him any.

When they arrived, he arched a brow from the woman back to the priest. He held up his hands innocently. "I won't be in the way, you'll barely notice I'm here."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

The woman smiled at him. "You are most welcome, ser." She stepped out of the way. Gabriel took off his hat and the woman took it. Provided that Darius followed, she closed the door behind him.

The cottage consisted of one large room with a two person bed in one corner where a boy lay under the covers. Several children sat on the bed. Others were playing, or preparing food.

"Please, please, sit down," the woman told them. The chairs were simple and some looked as if they were about to fall apart. "Tea?" She already rushed to fetch cups. "The doctor says 'e doesn't 'ave long, father. A few days at most." She gave him a forced smile and swallowed.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius rose a brow and looked to the priest but said nothing and tried not to frown outwardly. "No, thank you. I don't want to inconvenience you.." He spoke to the woman. He also didn't feel like drinking from their cups, they'd probably be so filthy. He wasn't going to just say that though.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

The woman looked at him almost offended. "Oh, we're glad to offer." She already brought two cups of tea to them and then two plates with some slices of bread, before she sliced some for the children, who rushed over to grab it, and eyed the plate of the priest and the young man.

"Thank you." Gabriel said. He gave Darius a warning look and began to eat his bread. "I'm very sorry hear, Mrs. Drew. He's a good boy."
"Aye he is. Even now, he does so little complainin'." The woman's eyes became wet, but she smiled once more. "He's most sad 'e can't help me look after t' little ones anymore, 'e is. Bless him. Oh he will be in heaven, won't he, father."
"I have no doubt of that, Mrs. Drew." Gabriel comforted.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked at the priest in surprise. He had to eat this? He tried not to but a small frown appeared on his face. He ripped a tiny corner from the bread and put it in is mouth while the two talked. Immediately he coughed it out and grabbed the tea to stop the coughing fit. Damn, it was dry. How did they eat that!? Paper would have been more filling. He waved his hand as he hung his head so they couldn't see his face. "It went.. down.. wrong.." he lied. He didn't want this grieving woman and her other kids to launch an attack on him because he didn't want their food in the first place.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh dear!" The woman said. She got up quickly to gently slap his back.
"Winnie! Fetch t' gentleman some water!"
One of the children brought brought him a cup of water from a jar. "There ya go, ser."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius tried to tell her not to worry, but he was coughing a bit. He took the water and shook his head. "I'm.. fine. Don't mind me. I'm sorry." He managed and covered his face. He did not want any attention on him and he didn't want another thing in his mouth.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

The woman sat down and looked at him concerned. Gabriel gave him a reassuring smile. When he had finished the bread and had drank some of his tea, he got up, walked over to the bed and sat down on the bedside. The boy's mother walked over. "Frank, dearie, the priest is here..."
The boy, who was about thirteen years old, opened his eyes drowsily and looked at the priest. Then he looked at the man. "Who is he?"
"He's a friend." Gabriel said.
"Hello. I'm Frank," the boy greeted him in a small voice.