Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose patted his shoulder. "I'm not angry with you. Not anymore. Maybe I was never really angry with you. I just wish..." She put her hand to her forehead. "We could all stop arguing..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded. "I wish I wasn't fighting with Ben so much. As you are all growing up, you're having a chance to make choices. There's so many he doesn't or might not approve of. I want to stand up for you guys but it's just making him angrier and reminding me that it's not my place..."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose took his hand and squeezed it lightly. "He... has one way of doing things, and he... is terrified of us doin' som't else... I know you are trying to help, Elijah. And I appreciate it. I really do. I wish I knew a way of talking to father without makin' him angry when you disagree, but..." She shrugged lightly. "I suppose we've just learned not to get into trouble with him at all."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned and looked to her. "That makes you prisoners to him basically though."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"He is our father..." Rose defended him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He looked at her sadly and frustrated. "I know. I'm not saying you should ever stop loving him. But it won't get better. What will happen when you and your siblings are ten years older and he is still telling you what to do? Is telling your children what to do?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"He won't be able to, Elijah. We'll live under our own roofs, with our own husbands. Even I have some freedom now that I don't live under his roof. Anyway," she frowned and her mouth twitched. "I don't think he'll live another ten years..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. If all of the children left, Ben would certainly die of loneliness he was certain. "You may be right. I guess I don't think about this.." He didn't have parents to live under their roof and his grandparents died while he was away in York. He sighed and leaned back feeling confused and uncertain.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose patted his hand. "He wants the best for us, just like you."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He nodded but looked no happier.  "You're right. I am sorry, Rose. I feel like an ass."