Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] My city now [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony nodded very slowly, trying to fake understanding. "It sure is, I guess," he shrugged, having no idea what the hell that one fancy word means but trying his best to pretend to understand. However, this only made Anthony think the man to be a bit pretentious—only pretentious people talk like that. "well, people have tried to change the world and revolt and all that and it hasn't worked. Kind of a waste of time, still trying, in my opinion." Had this guy ever even had to sleep on the streets, or was he just one of those rich young boys who think not kicking poor people in the stomach is revolution?
Jacob Feldmann
"It's because for so long we have been so focused on the afterlife that we didn't care about this one! But now is the great time of becoming self-aware!" Jacob had forgotten he was cold as his own excitement warmed him. "Listen, if you want a better society, where all are housed and fed, come to our meetings in the pub at the end of the Flowergate on Wednesday evenings. We are preparing to transform society." And hopefully riot.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony furrowed his brow, looking away from the man for a moment in thought. He had never been one for riots or revolutions. So many of those revolutionaries and rebels are people who know nothing about the actual state of the poor. Besides, he didn't much care for people other than himself. They can starve for all he cares, as long as he doesn't. He found his hands absently wandering towards the knife hidden in his coat.

"Flowergate.....yeah, sure. Very benevolent thing you're doing there," he said with a very dismissive tone. But he would be lying if he said that he didn't tell himself to remember the place and time of the meetings. "seems to me that you don't really know what you're doing, though." People always think they can change the world. Those people always fail.
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob shot red. "We're in a planning stage!" he said defensively. "We know where we want to get, that's the most important thing!" Riot.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"Sure, sure. Keep planning all you want, I won't stop you," Anthony shrugged, tapping his fingers against his elbow. "but what makes you think that you'll actually succeed this time?" When so many others have tried before and failed. It just seems like a waste of time and energy to Anthony.
Jacob Feldmann
"Well...." Jacob was starting to get agitated. "Because the workers are getting more and more exploited and they will not stand for it any longer!" Actually, their situation had improved considerably over the last few decades with the minimum age rising and the working days getting shorter. "Well, never mind if you're not interested! Good night sir." And he started walking. Clearly this man could not be argued with.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony raised an eyebrow, listening to the man speak. He wasn't a worker himself and as such didn't much care for their exploitation if it doesn't directly affect him, but even so, he listened carefully. Opening his mouth to respond just as the man said his farewells and started walking again, Anthony muttered a curse word silently to himself. He blew his fucking chance.

"Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait," he turned away from his wall, scrambling after the man. He's not going to let this man go without at least trying to mug him. "never said I wasn't interested. Just wanted to see if you actually knew what you're doing. Lots of people out there who just want to be revolutionaries for fun." By god is he hoping that his act is holding up. "I also want to help the poor and exploited." He WILL get this man's money no matter what.
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob turned around once more, surprised at the man's sudden change in attitude. "Oh we are very serious! The workers are exploited enough. We don't stand for people messing with them for their own entertainment." Jacob didn't do this because he was bored and not very good at anything else! Certainly not!
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony nodded, looking up at the man. "Well, you certainly seem serious about this!" If he has to keep up this façade for another second he's probably going to puke. "I mean, I'm a worker so I definitely know first-hand the problems we face." He is absolutely not a worker.

"And how to fix those problems," he added with a slightly more serious tone, reaching into his coat as if to grab something hidden in it. Such as a knife or other sharp object.
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob's interest was caught. "Do you, sir?" He said. "Well, then certainly you must join us, for we fight for the same cause." It was dark, and the young revolutionary was quite unaware of the man's hand in his pocket. "We would love to hear your ideas." Except if they would not meet their own plans.