Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Saturday afternoon leisure [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

Having been bedridden for about a week, she was going mad from confinement and decided to take it upon herself to get bathed and dressed in a daygown, and insisted that she take a walk. Her maid tisked her but didn't really stop her, for she understood the madness that was cabin fever. Pearl did not live far from the park, but by the time she made it there, she had to sag against the closest tree. She dropped her basket of lunch and wheezed a little, sought to catch her breath before moving to spread a blanket out so she could settle down onto it.

She took out her journal and a pencil, then started to write...

When he took her hand in his, he stared into her eyes with bleakness and said, "I have been commanded to go to India and do not know if I will ever see you again, my darling Angeline... Will you bestow a kiss upon my lips that I might carry the token of it with me into the jungle?"

Angeline was dewy eyed as her fingers gripped hard at his. "Please... don't leave me, Andrew. Take me with you... Make me your wife and I will follow you wherever you may go!"

"No, I mustn't... It is better this way. Maybe this way if I perish--"

"Don't say it aloud, my love! I cannot bear it!" She broke into sobs and let go of his hands, turning away from the man she loved...

"Oh, bother... Is this too much?" Pearl asked out loud before scratching out some words...

"Don't say it aloud, my love! I cannot bear it!" She broke into sobs and let go of his hands, turning away from the man she loved... She looked away from him, drawing her lower lip between her teeth.

Pearl did not notice the older man taking a leisurely stroll about the place even as he was nearing her, so intent was she on her writing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-22-2019, 02:45 AM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-22-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-22-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-23-2019, 07:28 PM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-25-2019, 04:54 AM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 12-31-2019, 12:03 AM
RE: Saturday afternoon leisure - by Pearl Blacke - 01-01-2020, 12:49 AM