Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Can't Fix the Forbidden [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah held the note in hand as he headed towards the home. He knew school was out, and it was probably a very rough first day for the new teacher. He was glad he found out where he resided, and should have welcomed him already but he had met him at that unusual dinner a while back. He knocked gently on the door, not to dissuade him but to help with some other sort of game plan to help and guide the impetuous child that was a thorn in both their sides.

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

He came to the door, the poor fellow looking worn out and depressed for the moment, but who wouldn't be after the shit he had put up with at school? He wanted very much to get through young Ed but the boy was too much. He stared at the constable for a moment before stepping back to let him in, a tired sigh coming through his nose. "I wasn't expecting to see you this evening. Do come in," he offered. He wore his outdoor clothes, which meant that he had been working his frustrations away with the horse paddock again.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "You have the look I see on many school teachers. It can be a struggle. I promise I won t try to keep you since I came unannounced. It was about this..." He held out the note he had received about Ed. "I wanted to start to let you know.. I don't think it will help, especially if you sent it to his home. Have you... met his parents?"

308 Posts
8 Threads

"No... Some parents are too busy working to be able to introduce themselves," he sighed and gestured for the man to have a seat, "I... am not bothered that you are here. You see, I didn't know what else to do." Uriel sat only after Elijah did, and he tilted his head back against the wall as if that would drag the headache from his throbbing skull. "I actually thought to contact you about this one. I want to help the kid so badly but I have the other children to think about. I can't give special treatment to one child either..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "You and me, both. I want to help him and trying to chase him down or scare him about prison don't work. Part of it is pride and wanting to hold onto this tough reputation, the other part.. well you probably won't meet his parents. His father is an abusive drunk and his mother spends all day laundering clothes for a living or trying to keep his four younger siblings in line. He hates being home and doesn't get much in food or peaceful shelter so he is almost never there."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"Nothing we can do about abusive parents." He loathed them, quite honestly. "So... Food might be a solution. It's a good peace offering anyways." Uriel gave a sigh, not liking the situation. It'd be a lot easier if he didn't have more than one child doing naughty things for attention. "So I have him and I have a kid named Bram who's father I did meet. I don't think he is open to me teaching his boy either. I am just trying to do my job though."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged and nodded. "Food and try to find a way to teach him without him worrying about his tough reputation." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair as that one was always going to be trouble he was sure.

He perked up at the mention of Bram and smiled. "Oh I know him well, I'm friends with his father. He helped raise me alittle when my parents died and I lived with my grandparents. He's.. a tough old fashion sort. He's better now than he used to be, I assure you. He is still as stubborn as a goat. Try to ignore him, he doesn't believe education will help. Bram is honestly a good kid, he just .. he likes to act out but I'm sure it'll pass. You can certainly get to him with a little work."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"He likes to emulate the older children... specifically Ed, it seems. Between the two of them, I almost walked off of my job. People say that it can't be that bad, but Ed in particular spent most of the day in the back room kicking the wall rather loudly while Bram tried everything he could to get my attention at one point. He seems to want my hand made sling shot pretty badly enough to yell out that he can do his sums. Bram is a good kid, just needs to be grounded a little more, while Ed seems like not much can get by that boy whether you tell him truth or false."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded, "You'll have to grow strong to handle them. Kids as a whole can be very draining from what I experience, and in a closed in class room I assume its much much worse. Don't let them get to you. It's not shocking he wants to be like Ed. Ed likes to be in charge of others and he is wants attention, good or bad ...though he won't admit it. Bram needs an understanding and gentle hand to punish him when he's wrong and to see the benefits of being good. I feel certain you can do it. Remember, there's only two bad ones in the class. The others seem to be good and listen to you so you should remember that they are the ones that you can rely on.'

308 Posts
8 Threads

He gave a snort of humorless laughter. "And here I am waiting for my own child to be born, hoping none of my spawn were as naughty as I used to be, let alone how naughty Ed seems to be. But you have given me plenty to think about. So I should make Ed a leader of something. Like what? Keeping the younger kids in line? They don't need it that much." He was talking thoughtfully/