Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A rather close encounter [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh." said Rose. That seemed awfully far to Rose, but that was because she never rode in a carriage and so only went as far as her feet could carry her. "Where do they live?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"Just outside of town," she commented and sat down, done working for the moment. "My father owns the Carrington Estate."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose dropped the spoon she was holding and quickly picked it up, blushing. She had recognized Pearl as a lady, but she had not realized Pearl was a lady of such status. The Carrington's were probably among the wealthiest families in the area. To Rose, Pearl might as well have said she was queen Victoria herself. "I-, I'm sorry. I didn't know..."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Oh, don't let it shock you so much." She laughed softly. "It isn't as though we are old money. My father is a self made man, a peasant who just used his inheritance from his father, also a merchant, to double and even triple the fortune."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked at her surprised. "People can do that?" Simon had often talked of going to a big city and making a fortune. But Simon had also talked about flying a hot air balloon to China. She had not considered everything coming out of his mouth possible.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Oh yes, with hard work it can." She said earnestly. "Of course you can do it." She smiled and then checked on the pie dough.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose knew that her type of life would never make her rich. She would never earn enough to save significantly as a domestic servant, especially since all of it went to support her family. And one day she would marry and be a fisherman's wife. Perhaps Simon would have managed. Perhaps.

"Would you not rather live in a large house? And have servants waitin' on ye?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No, this is perfect for me. A big house for one person? And more than just a maid? That defeats the purpose of independence." She said this and pulled out the par cooked crust, taking it to the table and setting it on the table.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose still didn't quite understand it, but she nodded as if she did. "What are you going to write?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I think I want to write a love story with a tragic ending." she said with consideration. "Or perhaps about loving oneself."