Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Men and their... [Market, Shops and Spas]

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

"I know," he said. "I..." He rubbed his face... "Am just nervous about marrying her... more than anything. Any man would be, right?" He cleared his throat, "But... Ah... I am Uriel Meijer, the new teacher." He offered his hand for a shake whilst his other rubbed at the back of his neck.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Benjamin took his hand. Didn't look like an ordinary school teacher. There was something about the way the man talked and moved that clearly marked him as 'gentleman' to Ben. "Benjamin Ward. Which school will ye be teachin' in. I have one child left in school."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"I took up the position at the Brockelhurst school for the poor. I am one of two teachers there for underprivileged children." Because he liked children. "That child may be my student, or maybe not."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Oh, my lad goes there." said Ben. "Bram Ward. 'E's a good lad. Not yer brightest I'm sure, but a good heart." Benjamin was realistic. He had never managed to learn to read and had finally dropped out. Simon had struggled greatly, and now Bram struggled. It didn't matter. As long as he could learn how to fish and work hard, he would be alright.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"I will do what I can to help him out. I know how hard it is for one to keep their child in school when there is work to be done, so for as long as he is in my class, he will learn better. It is my goal to help as many kids as possible." He nodded firmly and gave a smile.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Eh, that's good to hear. Makes ye better than some of the bullies that school's had for teachers." Ben said. He might have threatened one of them... "They make us keep our children in school now..." His face showed that he was not happy with that.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"I don't believe that saying about sparing the rod. They are children, not animals." Uriel said this with a frown. "I know you see it as an annoyance that they are kept in school, but it will help them in the long run... and I will see what I can do about letting him go home if you need him if you promise he'll do homework for me to keep his studies up."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Benjamin believed it alright. He had fathered ten children, eight of whom had lived beyond infancy. Their life conditions were hard and there was no reason to believe it would be better in the children's futures. There was no room for nonsense. They best learn young that life was hard and they had little space for digressions. He just did not believe teachers always had the best interest of the children at heart. "It's not like he's going to read to the fish. He won't need all of that learning. And he ain't good at it. 'T was me daughter, Alice, who could have benefited from it. But thank you."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"It's not about him reading books. It's about him learning to read simple things like bank notes and how to do ledgers. That is important to know how to do, specifically with money management. If he can do all of that, imagine if he learns to save a shilling here and there for his future and he CAN be better than his ancestors?" Uriel was quite passionate about teaching. "I am sure he has potential to make something out of his life, be it he is a fisherman just like you or he chooses to be something else."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"No offense, ser. But he aint got much choice. He'll be on the boat as soon as he's allowed to leave, and that'll be the end of him sufferin' knowin' he's no good. I'm sure he'll make a fine fisherman." Simon had been the same. Except he had suffered under that animal, Perry, until Ben had seen enough and had pulled him out. If the authorities had something against it, they could come to him, and Ben would have his say. They never had.