Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] Complicated Matters

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"He was honest. He would have liked it if I stayed longer, if he were to get a room so we might talk. But he also respected my choice to say no. I said no because frankly, this is already messy enough. I've done something in my grief that I have to live with for the rest of my life. He and I did talk a lot, and none of it was about anything sordid, it was about how much things have affected us. He told me the truth about him, and I told the truth about me. And then I realized what was happening and that you were worried about me, possibly, and that I ought to get home and at least give you tea and then a late supper. I'm not hungry for myself, so I am not sure what to make as of yet. I am sorry." She sighed and took in a breath of the warm tea, visibly relaxing.

"I quite like Mr. Blacke, he is very kind and he was very easy to speak to. I invited him to talk in a more proper setting since we are looking for someone to take me to wife. I feel if a fellow is kind enough to help me to sit down and tend to me, he is worth talking to. I am sure I could send for a chaperone if you don't have time yourself to sit in on the conversation. I would very much like for you to be there, but I understand you are busy." Then she sipped and relaxed further. It was the calmest she had ever been in his presence. She had accepted her part in this, expressed her apologies, and trusted him with the truth.

It was a far cry from the girl she had been months before, stuck in the sorrowful state she was in. She had seemed to find some kind of resolution. No longer was Viktre holding onto her while not even being there, she had accepted that she was through watching for him and putting herself in that position at all. It could be seen in the way her shoulders seemed stooped, she looked worn out and grim, but the color was high in her cheeks to indicate that while she had been as respectful as she could given the circumstances, she had taken a fancy to the easy going fellow who'd walked her home. Except this time, she wasn't jumping into something. She had come home, and she had owned up.
[Image: Pippa1.png]

Messages In This Thread
Complicated Matters - by Philippa Danes - 02-10-2023, 06:11 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by John Blacke - 02-10-2023, 06:19 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Tristan Wells - 02-11-2023, 09:03 AM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Philippa Danes - 02-17-2023, 04:20 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by John Blacke - 02-17-2023, 07:10 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Tristan Wells - 02-18-2023, 11:58 AM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Philippa Danes - 02-18-2023, 07:34 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by John Blacke - 04-05-2023, 02:34 PM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Tristan Wells - 04-26-2023, 05:46 AM
RE: Complicated Matters - by Philippa Danes - 05-01-2023, 08:08 PM