Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Storm To Call You Home [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

15 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'10
Alias: Lily

Stubborn Irish Pride, and Frigid French Propriety could have very well been the manifesto enough to keep their names afloat, but the sea would have to be without her beloved husband. He was indeed needed at home, and she selfishly wanted him to remain. 

“I do not know what to do with him, Fintan, he does not talk to me. I suspect there has been trouble with a few boys for a few months now, but this has gone too far. It can cost him his education, and worse I worry it will cast doubt upon Magdalene reputation with her classmates as well. You and I both know she will not stand much longer to see her brother mistreat that of anyone.”

There was more to it, but those doubts and concerns were for when they alone and she could set her lost soul to be found inside his heart. 

Aurore smiled to a couple that passed them and tightened her hold on Fin’s arm. She was rather possessive even now and of course she heard the gossip of the pent up elite at how much time they spent apart. She took in a deep breath to inhale his scent and the sea. 

Already she felt her walls come crumbling down, and for a very small moment she let herself smirk at just how familiar his tension felt beneath her palm. How many years ago was it when she introduced him to society? A privateer with her father’s commission came to stand at her side as she led him to the wolves that were the wealthy and impressionable society. 

*** The Past ***

“They will announce us at the top of the stairs, McKenna.” She spoke to him again as though he were beneath her; a subject in her majesty’s royal court, but slipped her hand into the crook of his arm—a place she would have liked to write her name, as now she possessed it.

“Your name will go first, despite how I am of higher standing,” She gave him a sideways glance, clearly approving of his attire, “And from there we will parade the entire way to the hosts of this occasion. At the end of the carpet you will bow to the governor and his wife. From there you will be received by an assembly of familiar faces and a few new ones. I will introduce you to as many as I can, and then—only then, Dragon, we can get a drink as I know you need one.”

Now so many years later she still led him through the crowd and he to lead her away from her own storm. 

“And our girls…” She didn’t even want to think about it, “They can not know such violence. We promised.” Aurore hid away her own broken bones poorly healed, and try as she might to not allow a single fight to feel so dark, she worried of Jocelyn’s pull upon him. 

What if…

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Storm To Call You Home - by Fintan McKenna - 05-29-2022, 02:59 AM
RE: A Storm To Call You Home - by Aurore McKenna - 06-04-2022, 09:37 PM
RE: A Storm To Call You Home - by Fintan McKenna - 06-05-2022, 04:06 AM
RE: A Storm To Call You Home - by Aurore McKenna - 06-06-2022, 04:00 AM