Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Funeral of a Madman [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

47 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him
Height: 5'8"

It started in the Library of the Carrington house. The night was drizzly and gloomy, a perfect atmosphere to broach the subject of death and other macabre things. Magnus III sat at his desk with some of his brood and his wife. He had included Pearl in this sad state of affairs as well as Robert. They were both given the command not to speak to anyone of the conversation they'd had.

Quote:"I have brought you all here because I've received word..." he paused for a moment and moved to stand behind his wife, guided her to sit down first, and then continued, "I've received word that Magnus has been shot and killed. It has also been discovered that he was a murderer, the Whitby Ripper."

He sat in the front pew of the chapel, staring at the closed, simple wooden coffin. He knew that their family would be a blight on society now, a spectacle. His family would be under scrutiny thanks to the actions of his eldest son. The funeral was strangely packed, not one person besides himself that truly mourned his son. He had his doubts that his shrew of a wife would use this as an excuse to faint publicly and make a fool of herself, citing poor health when he very well damn knew that she was an accomplished actress.

Quote:"We will be a unified family in the public eye. That is not a request. You will all be respectful toward one another, or you will suffer the consequences. Do you understand me? Pearl, you will still be living at your house but for this week until your brother is buried firmly in the ground, you will stay in your old room."

He stood and moved to his son's coffin, staring down at it with his throat closing. Then he turned on heel and walked out of the church. He went into the graveyard to the hole in the ground that Magnus was about to be put into. He bet it was his dear wife's fault that the boy had been addled in the brain. Son of a bitch.

And there, while he was alone, he wept for the wastrel that Magnus had been indeed. The evil, dark soul he had become from the charming little boy he had been. What had gone wrong? What could he have done?

Messages In This Thread
The Funeral of a Madman [Churches, Abbey, and Schools] - by Magnus Carrington III - 07-23-2021, 05:15 PM
RE: The Funeral of a Madman - by Pearl Blacke - 07-23-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: The Funeral of a Madman - by Thorne Culpepper - 07-23-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: The Funeral of a Madman - by Anne Carrington - 07-24-2021, 01:07 PM
RE: The Funeral of a Madman - by Zechariah Meijer - 01-09-2022, 02:27 PM