Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] By Gins, By Snares, By Subtlety [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Crane picked at his roll. Malachi watched him do it like a hawk might have watched a mouse pick at its nest. His smile seemed to soften.

Seemed to.

"You're right, of course. It means we can't get married."

But a man could not marry another man regardless, so that meant nothing to Malachi. Setting the rest of his roll aside, he retrieved his spoon.

"More specifically, though, it refers to the same sin as is committed in self-pleasure," said Malachi, as casually as if he were talking about the weather. "But the specifics don't matter, I suppose. I've always found it interesting myself. Isn't it curious how many other religions require their holy leaders to be married?"

Not to mention the fact that celibacy was hardly practiced among the priests that he knew. Malachi looked up from his bowl.

"All this to say: it is alright to want something, constable, even if you're told that you're not supposed to."

Messages In This Thread
RE: By Gins, By Snares, By Subtlety - by Malachi Brennan - 03-10-2022, 05:56 AM