By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Siren [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Siren [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] (/showthread.php?tid=93)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Siren - Pearl Blacke - 09-09-2019

"I am so glad we could go this fine morning." She grinned at him. She wrapped her arm around his and gave it a hug. She was smiling. "My father took it surprisingly well that I want to be a writer... My mother isn't speaking to me though."

RE: Siren - Pony McBride - 09-09-2019

Pony laughed softly at the news. He leaned in and gave her a small wink, "I tend to find mothers come around. She probably worries you won't succeed. But I believe in you.'

RE: Siren - Pearl Blacke - 09-09-2019

"You're only saying that because my book is about you," she teased lightly, seeming happier than she had been in a long time. "But in further news, I am to get my own home and I am to start earning my keep in doing so... I am to use my schooling to tutor children of the upper crust in town. I think that is a reasonable thing for my father to ask for instead of cutting me off. My mother thinks I am a hoyden and writing is bad. But maybe she will come around like you said. I go to find a house soon," she said. "A small one, I don't need a big house to myself."

RE: Siren - Pony McBride - 09-09-2019

Pony was surprised. "Me? I fear that may be a very boring book as I can not imagine myself being an exciting character. But I am flattered." He smiled then rose his brow. "Really? I would think they would want to keep you closer to keep you safe. But it is nice they are giving you your space. Will you have some of their servants to help you ?" He didn't imagine a lady like herself being able to take care of a house alone, she hadn't been able to cook without learning only a week or so ago.

RE: Siren - Pearl Blacke - 09-10-2019

"No, not really. I was teasing you, silly." She laughed a little. "I write poems about you though, so there is that. And my father says I have to work for it still but yes, I get my maid and my own things. However, my salary will have to pay for my maid and my rent too at some point. My father is a firm believer in working hard. He isn't cutting me off really, just holding on to my allowance in case I do end up needing it. But he wants me to try and do it on my own. I agree with him."

RE: Siren - Pony McBride - 09-10-2019

"Good, I'd hate to be the thing that ruined a great story." Pony laughed before nodding. "Oh? Good on him. Getting you to work so hard for what you have and appreciate it. I don't care much for spoiled people." He had been one once. He would love to be wealthy again, but this time under his own terms.

RE: Siren - Pearl Blacke - 09-10-2019

"Yes, and it's precisely what I need," she said softly. "I don't wish to be a socialite. I wish to do something that means something. It sounds as though that is what you want too. And stop it, you'd make a fine hero. You have been rescuing me a little each time we see one another, don't you know?"

RE: Siren - Pony McBride - 09-10-2019

"Then don't worry over it. You have it in mind, just do it. I think the only thing that may fail you is doubt, so don't let it. Alright?" Pony didn't want to respond to her thinking he wanted to do something. He shrugged and smiled. "I like to think of myself as the plucky side kick to your adventure. I just lift you up when you need it, but you had the power in you all along."

RE: Siren - Pearl Blacke - 09-11-2019

"If you want to be a side kick, I won't stop you," she giggled. "Maybe I like the thought of that," she said and leaned into him a little. "You're my favorite person who isn't family, don't you know that?"

RE: Siren - Pony McBride - 09-11-2019

Pony chuckled lightly. "Perhaps you need to meet more people. I am honored but I don't know if I'm all that. You are one of my favorite but I think it's far more deserving."