By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Fox at the Door [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Fox at the Door [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=320)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Fox at the Door - Benjamin Ward - 06-20-2020

Ben was about to say something when Elijah pushed the other constable away, much to Ben's surprise. But the words that came out of this new constables mouth angered him. "Elijah's doing a much better job than this circus you're displayin'. Least he didn't abuse his power."

RE: Fox at the Door - Wesley Roberts - 06-20-2020

Wesley glared at Ben and approached him again, leaning down to eye level. "Criminals always love it when the law isn't able to keep up with them and they can have their way. Be careful what you say. I am doing what needs to be done, even if I have to bend a few things. You don't mind when he twists the rules to keep people out of jail. I do the same but to make sure those who have done wrong pay for their crimes."

Ben glared at the man long and hard. "What are you making up for?" he finally said.

"I am making up for his inadequacies. You just happened to be the first case to fall into my lap. You should have seen the way that other man yelled at Constable Crane. He demands justice for his son. What good am I if I let him down? When there is injustice, it should be fixed. People do not get to dole out their own justice and think that makes things right. You are the only person who has been named in this, and you don't even care. You don't want to help , you are almost laughing at it because you have been able to walk free from your crimes this entire time." Wesley said sharply.

Elijah had sunk into his seat to do his paperwork once again, a hollow look to his face as he heard everything.

That was not what Ben had meant, and he was slightly disappointed that the man didn't take the bait. "Harry shouts at everyone. Doesn't mean what's comin' out of his mouth is the truth. I told ye I didn't do it. Now I'd appreciate it if ye'd let me go home, so I can get some sleep and do my work in the mornin'."

Wesley frowned more at him before looking at the door. "That man should have been here by now." He pointed at Ben. "I will let you go since I have some information from you. But if anyone involved in this case is 'silenced', I will through you in that jail cell until we set a court date. I don't care if you get sent free, your wallet and your family suffering might get you to take this seriously." He had a feeling Elijah wouldn't let that happen, but he would scare this man if he could. 'i can't keep an eye on you anyway. I need to find these Longbottoms." He headed towards the door to go after them.

Ben got up, but just as the constable opened the door, Harry came walking towards the office, a hand on Noah's shoulder, and the other one dragging a kicking and screaming James along.

"I didn't do it!!!!!" James cried.

Wesley paused then smiled. He glanced at Elijah, "Can you please guide our other 'guest' to the other room? I don't want him to intimidate anyone here." He watched as Elijah frowned and stood, looking from him to the others.

"Anyway, ignore them. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find you. So glad you brought the only two we have to help with this difficult case." He glanced to Noah then back. "I am more than happy to hear everything that you can say so that we may bring justice to light."

RE: Fox at the Door - Harry Longbottom - 06-20-2020

Ben glared at Harry and Harry glared back as he led the boys in.

"I ain't sayin' nowt. And Alice was sixteen!" Noah said, glaring at everyone in the room, except Ben. He was trying very hard not to look at Ben.

"And I didn't do owt! So I won't go to prison! And if you do make me go to prison I will kick you in the balls!" James added.

Wesley looked from the boys to Harry with a raised brow. "Your sons are very spirited. But I do need answers. If they are trying to get in the way of an investigation, that is very serious business indeed." He looked at James next. "And don't threaten a constable. If I didn't want to put you in jail you will change my mind with that sort of talk."

Elijah tried to lead Ben out but gave Wesley a worried look. He knew he was working too hard to start changing things. Being intimidating was a good way to begin, maybe but he would only make enemies this way. "Please, settle down. Explain things."

Wesley sighed in irritation. "Get Mister Ward out of my sight and let me do my job my way."

The other man flinched and led Ben out of the room. "I"m sorry.." he whispered, it was all the could say.