Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Enter Hortencia Coggins [Railway Station]

28 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'7"

"I certainly hope so," she murmured more to herself than to him. She closed her eyes momentarily and took in a deep breath, sighing tiredly as she relaxed into the chair. Her feet were hurting her after only a few moments of walking from point A to point B. She felt a mess in front of this man, but she had no choice but to be vulnerable for the moment. Hortencia finally caught her breath and said, "I might only have days, I might have a year. I need to act fast in some ways, but the rest will slowly come to light even if I died tomorrow. I have the will to see this to my very end. I just want to at least see my daughter once, I've dreamed of her face for as long as she has been alive." A ghost of a smile formed on her lips. "I've got people who I trust here who have kept me abreast of her as she grew up. I know that she is a bright young woman who takes after me. She likes to write too... She also has more sense of right and wrong in many ways. She also has my impulse, unfortunately. I suppose if I had to give her many of my good traits, some of my bad ones would be there too." She chuckled. "But I can't blame her for wanting to run away from Magnus and his strange family. I cannot wish it never happened, for I never would have this opportunity to see her... But sometimes I hate myself for having let myself hurt others like that. I just hope that I can give voices to the people we've both wronged."

23 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Mark smiled and spoke "we've all got scars to bare, I'm to help you get your affairs in order regardless of how long it takes." He thought for a second "I have no dealings with Magnus or his family. I've dealt with Augustus Whittaker regularly because of the harbour but nothing with Magnus, so I can't possibly comment"

Mark listened and spoke once more "we will make sure everything has been done and your daughter comes out on top"

28 Posts
4 Threads

She smiled his way. It was a weak thing, but genuine. Hortensia was a kind soul, someone who'd been wronged and was about to set things to right after too long. But she did not have a choice. If she wanted to see it through, now was the time, before the illness finally took her. She didn't know if she had a month or a year, but it would be soon. She could feel it in her weary bones. The loneliness she felt all these years melted away as this man, a complete stranger, offered his help freely. He sat and listened, and he made her feel as if someone cared. She never touched another since Magnus, but she would love to fall in love with a man like Mark, but it wouldn't be fair to entangle her heart with his knowing full well she wouldn't be around much longer. But then again, he could choose for himself if he wanted to love her despite knowing she would die soon.

Hortencia tilted her head at him and she said, "My true name shall be yours to know soon enough. I would have someone say it to me after all this time." Her words were soft, impactful. Her eyes were filled with a hunger she hadn't felt since giving birth to her daughter. She reached out tentatively, her fingers finding his sleeve. "Would it be fair of me to let you in more if you know that I am dying? I... don't know why, but you make the butterflies in my stomach flutter as if I am freshly out of the school room." Her cheeks filled with red.

She gazed at him longingly, so very much wanting to feel again before she left the world. It wasn't fair that it happened this way, she thought.

She wanted to know what a kiss felt like again, for she had forgotten.

23 Posts
0 Threads

Mark smiled as her hand found his shirt sleeve. Her touch was light and there was something enchanting about her.

Mark tilted his head and his hand brushed her chin as her cheeks reddened. "I had my suspicions that you were and that you were tying up loose ends" he smiled and Continued. "I'm willing to be by your side until the end how ever long that may be. I'm willing to help you see it all finished" and with the end of the sentence he leaned forward and kissed her on the lips

28 Posts
4 Threads

The kiss was a surprise she hadn't anticipated. Of course, she'd felt the chemistry brewing between them. She sighed into the kiss, melting into it some, but not... hotly like she had had with Magnus. Vaguely familiar feelings stirred within her. She wasn't dead yet, it seemed. But even still, she gave a soft breath and eased away. Her eyes met his, she said, "I fear I am out of practice. I haven't kissed a man since my daughter's father." She didn't feel dirty with Mark, like she had Magnus, either. It was different.

23 Posts
0 Threads

Mark smiled "I fully understand that. Its fully understandable" he sighed "I will be completely honest I've never really been with anyone. Its all new to me to a certain extent" his eyes caught her gaze. "But there's something about you that I'm drawn to. Something about you that I want in my life and even if your only here for a short while id like those days to be with me" his feelings and the chemistry between them was growing by the minute. He could feel it.

28 Posts
4 Threads

"I don't know how long that is... But... If you wish to be here, I won't stop you. Perhaps you being in my life with enrich it." she gave a wan smile and then moved to sit at his side in a tentative manner, slowly moving so he could wrap her arm around her if he desired. "If you are sure, Mark..." and then she whispered her name into his ear. "My name is Merrin. But the rest of the world knows me as my pen name. Please... call me by my true name. It's been so long since I have heard it.

23 Posts
0 Threads

His arm went around her and rested on her side. Just above her hip. Even though she was deteriorating. She was still one of the most beautiful women in the world. He smiled "im more than sure Merrin"

28 Posts
4 Threads

The sound of her name on a man's lips caused her to dissolve into tears, but she didn't make a scene, only... they kind of slipped one, and then another down her pale cheeks. She closed her eyes and rested her head upon his shoulder, not ready for more than what he was giving just yet. She barely knew him, barely had time with him to know him, and she wanted to be sure she was right about him. But she would be remiss if she didn't notice the girlish thrill that slithered through her. God, he looked good. He was much more handsome than her one and only love interest had ever been. The best part was that he didn't seem to have a ring. She chuckled and she said softly, "Tell me about you. You don't have a wife, you say?"

23 Posts
0 Threads

Mark smiled and spoke once more "I was born and raised in whitby, I did ok at school. Not great but could get by. I was lucky enough to get an apprenticeship and was taught by my father. He was the harbour master before me." He sighed "yeah ive never been married. Never really thought about it until I met you. Something about you. Your like an opioid. The more I'm with you the more I'm addicted and want more." He smiled "I certainly wouldn't kick you out the bed any night. Never mind a Cold one" he teased