Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Rootless [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"A woman policeman?" Bill blurted out, before realizing that that was probably not the smartest thing to do to a man who had just been very merciful on him. "Sorry," he muttered. "I had just... never 'eard of that."
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 6ft
Alias: Hutchie

Alasdair laughed and raised his hand "youve nothing to apologise for but yeah it's becoming more and more common, the metropolitan police In London and the Manchester police gave trialed it with success, Leeds is currently trialing it and york will follow suit"

The finished his cup before continueing, "the feedback is very positive about the whole thing. People were concerned it would lose the image of the Constabularys but its actually improved it. Alot more women are feeling safer now with women on the beat, and I will refer back to earlier hearts and minds. Women and children are coming forward and being approachable about it. Especially when it comes to death or missing children. Women are helping shape the future" he looked to the floor "the world we live in is changing, and hopefully for the better"

195 Posts
7 Threads

Bill listened with a dumb look on his face that wasn't due to his earlier intoxication. "But... It's dangerous, is it not? Surely the police wouldn't let a woman deal with thugs, or a woman go out at night?" He could not comprehend how this man could be comfortable with the idea of his daughter walking a beat. Did he know Whitby at all? Bill's daughters were not allowed out after dark unaccompanied. Fishburn park was generally alright, but there were parts of the old town that were dangerous at night, with those little yards and ghauts and alleys where crime could hide and people could disappear.
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair shook his head "they won't go out alone, their beats will overlap with other constables. I wont allow them to go through some of the rougher areas of this town. Especially my own daughter." He sighed "id rather she didn't but she's made up her mind. She's been raised in a family full of constables and feels its her duty to continue the tradition" he thought for a moment "most women are kept on day shifts with the services so it's a little safer. Which suits as we need more on the dayshift"

He sighed "we are the old breed. This is totally changing. Ill probably be retired by the time it's all over "

195 Posts
7 Threads

[CW: Sexism]

"That sounds better," Bill muttered. It did. He'd also still have a stroke if Ruth announced the next morning that she was joining the police. "Will people take 'em seriously though?"

Perhaps Bill should remember that if women could yield a rolling pin to instill fear in the hearts of men, they would certainly know what to do with a truncheon.
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair nodded "some areas yes but to be fair my daughter wants to be the Constabulary photographer so she will not really be walking the beat. More dealing with cases with constables and inspectors" Alasdair gave a yawn and looked at bill "think it's getting late, I should show you to the dorm rooms"

He got up and headed upstairs with bill following suit. He opened the door to one of the rooms off the corridor. "Here's your room for the night. We mostly use wool blankets in here as they are more comfortable with the flat sheets. There's a sink and toilet in the room just off to the side. Feel free to hang your kit on the back of the door. I'll give you a shout in the morning" and with that alasdair headed off to check on the other constables on nightshift and let bill get comfortable