or Register?

Reacquaintence

144 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Beat's by Bert
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

The filling was sweet, golden flakes of crust clung to his whiskers as he walked beside her. He couldn't arrest himself any further from attacking that pastry. "So, I was thinkin' about askin' the Inspector for a transfer to the detective branch. It'd mean a pay raise for us." For us. That had a nice ring to it. He'd also have to marry her too.
When constabulary duty's to be done...

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

She smiled, "Aye? I hope ye get it." She nibbled on the pastry she chose for herself. It was better than the quality of the bakery they'd met at as of late. Ever since that baker got married, the food quality went into the pot in her opinion. It was over a month prior that she stopped there to find it almost deserted of patrons, the place had hardly any gaps between pastries, and the baker looked pretty miserable. She'd not gone back since and probably wouldn't after the burnt bread she ended up feeding to some pigs on her way home from marketing.

Delilah forced her attention back to Bert and tilted her head, clueless at the moment that he was working his way up to being able to ask for her hand. She was just happy for him. "I think ye'd make a fine detective."

144 Posts
5 Threads

"If the police agree, I'll probably 'ave to go away for a bit. Ta Manchester or even London fer learning. Will ye be alright alone?"

Ideally, he would want to be married before he went. How do you ask a woman ta marry you? He'd ask her then and there on this spot if he could.

102 Posts
0 Threads

She gave it some thought and then said very softly so only he could hear, not wanting to sound improper by saying it louder, "I would miss ye, Bert... But I would wait fer ye. I love ye." She had finally said what was in her heart to him, and she would have shouted it from the rooftops if she knew it wouldn't make him feel like it was wrong to do so.

144 Posts
5 Threads

She had confessed! It was not quite the confession that the policeman inside Albert was looking for, namely who stole all those bicycles, nevertheless Delilah's crime of passion was now out there in the world to be judged. She loved him, Bert for Bert. Not just for the cut of his uniform or the power of his truncheon. Still, it was nice to hear it said, even in whispers.

Bert slowed to a stop and angled himself to face her. His eyes darted leftward and right to check if the coast were clear, his next act verged on the criminal, but who better to break the law, than one who upheld it?

A kiss in public. "I love ye too." he whispered.

102 Posts
0 Threads

He kissed her at last. She wanted to lean closer, but it was a shock that he was even doing that much out in the street. She had been waiting for this moment for quite sometime. Her mouth met his, she kissed him back softly and with obvious restraint. And then he uttered the confession of his own. He loved her too! Ahhh, this made her happy. She gave a soft chuckle as their mouths separated again.