Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] When Things Fall Through [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"I already consider you more than a friend... You're family to me... You became my family the moment you gave me a chance knowing that I wasn't particularly suited for this job. And now look at me. Without you, I wouldn't know how to make food, or clean my own home... Without you, I'd be on the street. You took a chance on me, you've done things out of care for me. I would be honored if you'd let me call you brother. I owe my life to you, don't you know that? You did more than most would do and didn't ask much of me at all."

Her smile was wan. She looked exhausted but her face was less tense than he'd been able to see since their first meeting. She was healing from some of the heaviest blows life could give someone and developing the strength to carry on from tragedy. "And if you would rather I not consider you a brother, that is alright too. But just know that you have come to mean so much to me."
[Image: Pippa1.png]

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

He hadn't thought she cared that much about him, and felt slightly uncomfortable under her words. He had done nothing more than hire her, and she had worked to learn those skills. But it would feel inappropriate to point that out now. Still, he wasn't sure how to respond. He opted for a nod and a kind smile. "Thank you, Pippa. I wish I could do more for you."

He began to wonder again if he could not keep her on. But no, if his business completely collapsed as a result, they'd both suffer as a result. Still, he'd try to think of alternative solutions. The thought of her miserably trapped in a marriage for the rest of her life was intolerable. Perhaps... Perhaps Tobias would consider her as a wetnurse for his child, although Pippa was a slight girl, and Tristan wasn't sure if she'd be able to produce enough milk for two children...

"I'll be on the lookout for any... opportunities for you, if you like."

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"I will have to think about what would be suitable for me, my wishes at least in a mate. The list would be short, perhaps one good thing I hope for and a few things I would absolutely say no to. I am wary of this but... I have to try something." She murmured and then looked down at her hands. "I will tell you this... he does not have to look handsome, but I do care if he is old. I would like to meet someone closer to my age..."
[Image: Pippa1.png]

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

The word 'mate' made all of this sound even more revolting. He would respect her choice, but oh no, he wouldn't participate in this. (Nor would he inflict a Tobias-Alice type of situation on any of his friends). The options he thought about were work she could do in her situation. But he kept his thoughts to himself and just nodded. "Alright then, I'll bear it in mind. Now go lie down, Pippa. You do look tired."

And he suddenly felt exhausted as well.