Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Your Father's Son [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

There was a quiet, cheerless laugh when John suggested helping Kate with her schoolwork, but Bill stopped when his son mentioned needlework. He had pictured John helping Kate with her writing or arithmatic and the idea was laughable. Even in the reform school, it seemed, Bill had learned more of the three R's than John seemed to have learned from several years in elementary school. But he supposed that in the particular area of needlework, John had expertise, if Kate needed it.

"Joe's determined to take after t' example ye set when ye were 'ome before, including ending up in t' dock," he said, shaking his head. "If ye can talk sense into him now that yer all reformed, please do. As for the railway, got a new driver to work with. Old Mr. Jones got sick. And yer brother lost 'is job, but yer mum probably told ye that."
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10inches
Alias: Hutchie

John shook his head. It was hard for him to imagine that Joe would be the problem child. Joe was the clever one out of the two of them. He had the potential to make a decent life for himself.

John sighed "I will see what I can do. Don't think Joe will listen but hoping we can atleast mend a few fences together" he shook his head "ma never said much about the railway. She mostly wrote about everything else. What Kate was doing etc. I only found out about Joe when I came home"

195 Posts
7 Threads

Bill nodded slowly and sipped his tea. It was strange, his eldest child really sitting here in the kitchen, sounding like a responsible young man. He was relieved, he supposed. The last time John had been home it had been anything but pleasant, and though Bill had worried about his son in the army and the possible harm that could come to him, he had also dreaded the day John would return. He had dreaded their fights starting all over and the police getting involved even more frequently. But now that they weren't arguing, Bill felt awkward. What were they supposed to talk about?

"So... what's India like?"

There. Conversation.
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10inches
Alias: Hutchie

John tilted his head and continued "it wasn't a bad place, hot like you wouldn't believe, like you've been stoking the fire on the train but it only drops a little at night with the heat, our camp was exactly that.....a camp with white bell tents, tented mess and everything else" he thought for a moment "but there's almost a beauty to it all da. Its like a fairytale in a way. Its like you picture it with tribesmen, camels, desert caravans etc" he paused for a moment "im glad i had the chance to go and see it. Same with Egypt"

195 Posts
7 Threads

"Aye, well, I reckon you've traveled further than any other young man in this street. That's summat, I suppose," said Bill. He took a sip of his tea. He nodded.

"Ye've done well, son..."