Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Don't Work Here, I Just Wear The Uniform [Railway Station]

95 Posts
4 Threads

Robert was standing on the platform, dressed in a railway porter's uniform, while he leaned on a trolley and gazed blankly at the approaching train. This was the one from York, wasn't it? That meant he was only two hours into his shift. Unbelievable...

This work was impossible to bear without the common man's brain that his fellow porters possessed. He was a Carrington. He wasn't made for the dullness, routine, and servitude that the others had been trained in all their lives. Making him do this work was nothing short of torture.

The worst part was that he couldn't even use this wasted time to plot revenge on the man and boy who had put him here. He always had to be ready to answer questions or help travelers with their luggage. Like now. 

"Twats," he muttered under his breath as the train came to a halt. He took his luggage trolley and approached one of the doors, ready to help any commuter with heavy luggage he hoped would crush them when being taken down from the overhead storage.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5’5”

Lailani was happy to hop out of the train door graceful because she thought perhaps their was an issue… considering no worker came onto the train to ask passengers to help them with their overhead luggage. Back straight the curly long raven haired beauty looked at the man in uniform kindly. “Aren’t you going to come on and ask passengers if they need help sir?” She said kindly because she assumed this was probably a working man who deserved kindness like anyone did. Lailani adjusted her fancy big hat that had flowers that matched the colors on her beautiful dress and purse, clearly her color coordination and the quality of her clothing and jewelry gave away her status of wealth not her attitude.

95 Posts
4 Threads

He took his time. Give them some time to try it themselves and break their back... He wasn't going to break his. He playfully pushed the trolly back and forward.

But his waiting was interrupted by some stupid lady who thought she -, ... His eyes moved up to look at the woman in question.

Wow.

Who was this exotic beauty? Well dressed. Wealthy for sure. Was she that Duke's cousin or niece or something, then. It was the only non-white young socialite in the area he had heard of. The Hawaiian one who wrote filthy books and had weird ideas. Red flags left and right, but he also hadn't seen her up close.

"Of course, Miss. I apologize," he said more politely than he usually spoke to customers. He lifted the trolly and followed her into the train. "Which compartment, Miss?"

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani smiled brightly at being addressed as Miss. “You can call me Lailani thank you” she said politely before leading the man back onto the train

“That trolley sounds heavy, you must be very strong” she said in order to compliment the man.

Hips swaying in her rhythmic dancing manner whenever she wanted to tease men she found mildly attracive, After all it wasnt like Lailani knew Norman would be apposed to a threesome or anything.. Lailani flirted as she pleased on her own terms and rules.

“Compartments B and C, Guilty I must admit I went on a bit of a shopping spree in the city while visiting friends and such” she said as she waited for the man to open them and began to help Robert load without.. gasp having to be asked.

95 Posts
4 Threads

"That's no problem at all, Miss Lailani," he said kindly. He looked inside the compartments. Lots of luggage and no servants to help. Just his luck. But he wasn't going to let a lady to the lifting. Well, not a young and pretty one anyway. "Please, let me do that, Miss Lailani. Are you traveling all by yourself?"

Red flag, whispered a woman's voice in the back of his head. Robert tilted his head and frowned.

He began to pile some of the luggage on to the trolly and lifted some off of the overhead racks, to show off the strength she had just referred to. He winced when one piece was heavier than anticipated and a sharp pain shot through his back.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani hesitated in stopping to help get the luggage. After all it was her luggage but.. if the young man said so. “No.. well not exactly. I brought a couple of my most beloved servants Maria of Madeira, Nalani of Hawaii, and Haruka of Japan” and as Lailani said their names, pronouncing each name very correctly as she knew their native languages despite all of them being to communicate in english in one way or other, the three woman appeared from their seats and stood behind their lady whom smiled at them.. however the servants eyed Robert with a caution. 

Lailani was about to suggest that all of them, servants included help as she eyed the way the man lifted the items. Hurka winced a little seeing the mans face seem to show the pain. Maria whispered to Lailani in Portuguese which prompted Lailani to speak up as she helped move that luggage to the trolley. “Sorry I should have told you that one of the luggage trunks held bags of rice..” she said easing the luggage into the trolley before she stepped beside Robert and without asking permission had gently touched the mans back. “Does it hurt here?” She asked with sympathy and care.

95 Posts
4 Threads

"That explains a lot," Robert said lightly, while crying internally. He looked over at the servants. Ladies too. Great.

He worked on steadily, sweating more than he had ever done in his life, even during school cricket games. So this was what it was like to be a working man?

Was she really worth all this trouble? Brothels had exotic ones.

But he also had no money.

Then she touched his back just as he was about to take down another bag, and he accidentally let go. It hit him in the face and down he went. He was unconscious before he hit the floor.

85 Posts
3 Threads

The man was… certainly unconscious. Lailani was no doctor and her knowledge of the human body was more in the realm of sexuality and such she was left moving the luggage onto the cart, at least the last one that needed to be put on the trowley which fortunately was the one that had knocked the poor bloke out.

Once the servants got the trolley off of the train, Lailani dragged the man off of the train.. once there she put the man down and thought about their options.. she could try to find the mans boss which seemed practical. Yes perhaps? Yes that was a better idea then taking the unconsience man with them.. right? So Lailani tried to locate the mans boss or even his coworkers but it was proving difficult… perhaps this young man was not well liked by his peers… Lailani had one of her servants get transport with the new intention of taking the young unconscience man with them, after all the luggage that had hit him was hers and the man seemed nice.

95 Posts
4 Threads

Those who carried him might notice that Robert was really quite delicate for a 'strong man' used to lifting all that luggage. Right now he was also incredibly floppy. He flopped along unconsciously and blissfully unaware of his broken face.

85 Posts
3 Threads

No.. it seemed this man was not very well liked by his peers as his coworkers were not helpful. Lailani decided that the only answer now was to load Robert into a carriage that she would ride in to her fiancées work, after all Laialni wanted to see Norman after her trip to the city and besides maybe, she thought that he would know who the man was and had any ideas for what Lailani should do with him.

With that settled it was not a long trip before the carriages were coming to a stop, Lailani had gotten out of the carriage and opened the door nearest to Robert, then the raven haired beauty eyed the other carriage parked behind hers that had her luggage and three servant woman. The noble woman then proceeded to run into Norman’s work and said loudly “Norman this is Lady Lailani your… well anyways.. the point is I have a situation in my carriage that needs your help” The tan brown skinned womans words loud enough for all of france to hear before she ducked her head back out of the front door to the building society and walked back to her carriage and checked on Robert.