Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Mother Some More [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

Lottie considered the shade against her companion's skin and hair. "I love it!" She answered with brisk joy. "Ye know, when I were young, I loved the colour blue..." maybe Lottie had bought it for herself years ago. Who knows?

"Would ye like me to fix yer hair with it?" She asked. "I think all my daughters should look their best." She added, hoping her words of encouragement would strengthen the girl's spirit.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne beamed. For the moment she had forgotten about her father in a police cell. She had forgotten to worry over what would happen if he wasn't released. She had even forgotten about Alice for the moment. "Oh aye, if ye would?" And she turned sideways so Mrs. Blacke could sit next to her and do her hair. "Thank you, Mrs. Blacke. It's very pretty."

325 Posts
3 Threads

"I'm glad ye like it dear, it sets off ye 'air." Lottie answered as she took the girl's hair and braided it with a practised hand. Anne was a very pretty girl, she would grow up to be the sort of woman that men would brawl over, Lottie was certain of it. Yet she was also possessing a quality that seemingly defied the squalor she hailed from. One of the reasons the older woman wanted so badly to give this girl the home she deserved. The length of ribbon got shorter as it was twined around her fiery locks. "All done." Lottie placed her hands on her shoulders. "Check it in the mirror on the washstand." Lottie jerked her head towards the soap splattered mirror that Bill used for shaving.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne basked in Mrs. Blacke's approval. She smiled shyly, got up and walked over to the mirror. There, she pulled the braid over her shoulder and admired her reflection in the splattered glass. She turned to Mrs. Blacke and beamed. "I love it, Mrs. Blacke. It's very pretty." She rushed back over, sat down next to the motherly woman and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you! I wish I had sum't to give ye in return."

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie smiled softly as her young houseguest kissed her cheek, like a seldom seen but appreciated relative. The gesture was doubly appreciated because her own children were seemingly past the age of physical displays of affection. At Anne's question, the older lady's thoughts turned to their heavy discussion about the girl's future. Anne to join the family willingly was what Lottie really wanted to give her.

"That's alright, dear. I'm sure yer will think of something."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne smiled. She did not connect the offer to Mrs. Blacke's earlier suggestion - a suggestion her overwhelmed mind had tucked safely away for the moment. "Can I 'elp ye cook?"

325 Posts
3 Threads

"I'd like that." Lottie said. To have tea ready, or nearly ready for Bill when he got home from the station was the usual routine. The rest of the family would come in soon behind.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne got up and held out a hand to Mrs. Blacke, even though she'd be of little help, as the woman was taller than her. "T' will be a surprise for Kate when I'm 'ere when she get 'ome," she said cheerfully. "Is she still at t' harbour?" The race was long over, but Anne knew there was still lots of entertainment going on down by the harbourside.

26 Posts
7 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him

"It will." Lottle took her hand. Mrs Blacke knew her daughter and Anne were close friends. Perhaps they were best friends however young girls decided frienships these days. All of Lottie's friends from her youth had since moved away years back or died. "I think she's at the 'arbour with yer friend Ellie. That's who she said she was ta be with." Kate would not be upset in the slightest that Anne would stay over. Lottie suspected she too would be overjoyed at having Anne as a sister.

629 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh," Anne said, suppressing a sudden wave of jealous worry as well as an insecure girl of fifteen could. She had been so absorbed with being available just in case Alice did want to watch the race with her, that she had not even wondered who Ellie and Kate would watch it with. But now she felt left out all of a sudden. Were they closer to one another than they were to her?

"What are we making?" she asked, trying to distract herself, lest Mrs. Blacke would be able to read her mind. She led the way downstairs meanwhile, and moved into the kitchen.