Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

I'm Back, Bitches

142 Posts
6 Threads

Height: 5'4

Apart from a short note, three days after her departure, to tell Zechariah that she had arrived safely 'though quite shaken by a terrible crossing' at their relatives’ home in Paris, there had been no correspondence from Nesah. None to Uriel either. And even their mother had written to Zech asking if everything had seemed alright with Nesah while she had been staying with him, because she was so slow replying to letters. Then, two weeks after Zechariah had written to Nesah to inform her of his marriage, a letter arrived at his summer home. It was addressed from Dover:

Quote:Dear Zechariah,

How I’ve missed you! I was delighted to hear from you. Congratulations on your marriage. I hope you and Mrs. Meijer will be very happy together. And congratulations on becoming a father – simultaneously.

The friends I have been staying with have to travel to see family, and I would hate to impose on uncle Uriel and aunt Rachel again. I would much rather meet your wife and children. So I have decided to return to Whitby and stay with you for a while.

I am at Dover now. I cannot begin to tell you how horrid the crossing was this time. It was worse than when I went. I feared for my life. I won’t be doing that again any time soon. Anyway, I shall tell you all about it when I get there.

Could you please send someone to pick me up from the main station at 18.24 tomorrow night? And will you please tell Ruby to have a bath ready in my room? Those English trains always make me feel so dirty.

I look forward to seeing you and meeting your family.

Affectionately,
Nesah