Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sometimes Dreams Do Come True [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

67 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'1''

His words comforted her - for a moment. Her shoulders relaxed. Her grip on his arm eased. And then he told her about the fever...

How could she not tell ma? Her brother had nearly died! Oh, ma would lock him up in his old room and never let him out again until he was too old to be sent to Egypt, if she knew! And Kate would help guard the prisoner.

"Well, I 'ope ye mean it!" she lectured him. "Don't ye ever be puttin' yer life in danger again like that. Ma would never recover, and neither would I, and I think dad would feel guilty for the rest of his life for ye two not partin' peacefully."

She finally let go of his arm and picked up her fork to eat a little of her food, but it had gone cold and John's revelation sat heavy on her stomach.
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10inches
Alias: Hutchie

John looked to his sister "I hope to make peace with dad and Joe when I'm home. I'm not the same person I was. The army changed me"

He thought for a moment "you at school tomorrow? I'm still home if you want to go out for the day before I return to the army barracks" he wanted to spend time with his sister. He had missed soo much of her growing up it was unbelievable. When he left she could barely talk or write and now here she was as a student

67 Posts
2 Threads

Kate nodded encouragingly. She really hoped there would be peace. With dad at least. With Joe? Well... Somebody had to tell him he was an idiot.

There was school tomorrow...

Kate had never played truant before. She was too much of a teacher's pet, and too scared of mum finding out. But for the first time in her life, she was tempted to do so, terribly so. She wanted to spend more time with her brother before he went away again, even if he'd be closer this time. How she had dreamed of John returning to pick her up from school and taking her somewhere and spoiling her like a big brother should. But Miss Bell would be so disappointed if she found out. She had already scolded Kate today and had told her several times over the past year that she would have to work harder if she wanted to keep up. She'd be really angry. And she'd tell ma, which was a million times worse.

"Well..." She could pretend she was sick. Not at home; ma would see right through it, and even if she didn't, Kate would have to stay at home then pretending to be sick all day. No, that wouldn't do. But she could tell the teacher she was feeling sick and pretend to go home! "Only for an hour, early in the morning. We're through most of the material for the new year," she lied. "I can meet you at St. Mary's after that. We can walk to Robin Hood's Bay and catch a ride back. Only, don't tell ma. She wants me to study when I've no class, so she'd never let me go!" Another lie. The truth was rather that if ma found out she'd skipped class, she'd have her hide.
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

John smirked "tell you what.....if ma says anything just blame me. Ill take the wrap for it" he nodded "i know the place. We can do that" he knew the place well"

Truth be told John didn't want to go back to the army in a few days but he knew he had to. He knew he had missed alot being away but it was needed or he would be in the jail. "Robin Hood Bay....jeez I've not been there for ages. Thats where I used to go truent from school"

He looked at his sister "shall we get this paid for and continue on our journey?"

67 Posts
2 Threads

Kate looked up at her brother guiltily. Did he know that she was planning on playing truant and was he letting her know? Or was it a coincidence. She should reconsider. John was a bad example. Staying away from school and lying about it had turned into more serious delinquency. God knew where this path of crime would take her!

But then she thought of how beautiful the cliffs were on a summer’s day, and how lovely it would be to spend time in in Robin Hood’s Bay and look for fossils. It was the summer! And she was in school! That wasn’t right! She deserved one day off!

She nodded when he suggested leaving and got up. “Thanks, John. I’ve dreamed of ye picking me up from school and treating me so often, but I didn’t think it would actually happen.”
Cpl John Blacke 133765

78 Posts
5 Threads

John sighed "I always thought about coming home. I always wondered what it would be like" he thought for a moment "I was hell to live with. I was a terrible son to our parents and a terrible brother to all of you. I've had to live with the guilt of what I've done"

He paid for the drinks and food and made for the door before venturing back into the street and heading in the direction of home. What was his home and always had been despite the years away in the army. He looked to his sister once more "maybe this will work out alright after all"

67 Posts
2 Threads

Kate hooked her arm around her brother's as they stepped out and patted his arm with her free hand. "Don't worry about t' past, John. No one can change owt about that. But ye're here and remorseful, and things are going to be good from now on."

She really hoped they would be.