Hello, guest!
or Register?

Look at all the Happy People

34 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'7
Alias: GreatTallywhacker

Evelyn had helped her mother make breakfast and now she was finishing up washing the dishes. She took off her apron when she'd finished the last dish and headed back to the main room of the house to get ready for going out. This was a day like many other, but there was a big difference.

Her brother wasn't away for football. It had been nice when he played for Whitby, but it was a tiny no nothing town. He had a real job with England, though she didn't know what sort of money or future there was in sports. But what mattered to her was that he was happy and he wasn't gone on the water or in mines, every day his future being uncertain.. not that every day wasn't uncertain. But Evelyn didn't know how to voice these thoughts.

"Sam..." She said as she approached  him. Her brow lowered a bit, they wanted her married but he was older and still single. Perhaps it was her task to try to find a wife for him, it would be only fair. She'd consider the subject if they pushed marriage onto her more forcefully than nudging her to a dance to meet people.

"I was wondering if-" she was distracted as their mother came over and kissed her on the cheek telling them she was going to the house she worked at. She had worked at the Carringtons long enough to be allowed to come home, so every couple of days another person would make their breakfast. She didn't want to be late and have to make lunch with the dishes still piled up.

"Ah, bye mother." She said softly and watched her go then looked back to her older brother. "I was going to town and wanted to know if you wanted to come." The woman thought he wouldn't be busy, but she didn't know his plans.
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Sam hadn't been home long. Both the northern league and also the England team weren't playing just now as it was the off season. Whitby wouldn't play for a few more months and it was nice to have some down time from practice and matches.

He had been in his room flicking through all the different articles his mother had kept from the games he played in last season, sadly only a few were from England games as they had only played three times this season but he had gotten to be the goalkeeper for his county on all three games.

He had been planning on going into town anyways to get some fresh air and a change of scenery so it wasn't a shock when is little sister had asked if he wanted to join her in town.

He stood up "sure I've got nothing planned and could use some fresh air. Ill meet you back here in a few minutes. I need to go change"

Sam nipped back upstairs and wasn't long in getting dressed. All he had to do was put on a wool jumper and his shoes. He took his pocket watch and wallet from the nightstand before heading back downstairs to meet his sister "ready?" He replied

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn gave her brother a nod as she returned to preparing to leave. She had very little to do to prepare. She slipped on her shoes and a shawl, it was rather warm out so even that felt like it could end up being more trouble than it was worth but she wanted to try to dress right for going into town. Seeing Sam wear a wool jumper made her feel more confident in her choice.

The woman smiled at her sibling just a little as she was happy he was home. "Did you want to get anything when we get there?" She said as they were leaving the house and she carefully hid her purse away in her skirts. "I am hoping to get a new job soon after I lost my old one. So I thought I'd try to treat myself to more comfortable, new shoes."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam shook his head "no not really, I just wanted to get out the house and get some fresh air. As much as I like being back I do like to be outside in the fresh air"

He smiled at the mention of her getting a job. "Something will come up im sure of it. I'm in the same boat. I wont be playing in goals for Whitby and England all my life so I've been able to put some savings away for a rainy day. I may start up my own business when I'm done playing football"

It was true. Most football players retired at around 35. This would give him another 8 years of playing but he wanted to do something else with his time after than. He has saved alot of money away for that day thanks to living at home and helping with his parents.

He thought for a moment "anything you would like to do job wise?"

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn nodded towards her brother as she took a deep breath of the fresh air. It was very nice to be outside. "Oh?" She glanced towards him as they began to walk.

"What will you do for a business?" While asking, she clasped her hands together in front of her and kept a careful eye on the ground that was a bit muddy from the rain the night before. "I am sure you could do anything you want to." She was very supportive of him, though she thought he should get an idea now before the last moment and he'd retired from sports or forced to from an injury. Sometimes they looked so rough on the field.

"Ah.. Well, I'm a nurse. I will keep doing that. He retired, but there are plenty of other doctors. I replied to an ad in the paper to try one doctor who seems rather respectable. If it doesn't work out, there are others." She was hoping she wouldn't have to look too hard. "I hope they don't look down on me for not having had a very official education."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam saw his sister struggling a little with the wet mud so he put his arm out. "Take hold of my arm evelyn, save you sliding in the mud" he was close to his little sister and if anyone was to harm her it would be him they would have to deal with.

Sam thought for a moment. "It depends i thought about going down the route of manager or training at football but that's not really me. I prefer playing" he thought for a moment "I've got a little over £1000 tucked away that I've been saving since I was about 14. I'm thinking of opening a shop, I've got my eye on one that I like not far from the house. Its got a house attached and a small store. Thinking of opening a shop for collectibles. Football cards, gameday memorabilia, team clothing like knitted scarfs etc and keep my hand in football at being a referee but we will see when the time comes. Id like to get a little more money behind me first"

Sam smiled "I've always been proud of what you've done at nursing. Your an amazing caring person" he smiled "the person who gets to call you theirs will be lucky one day to have an amazing woman like you" he smirked "but if they hurt you ill break their legs" he teased

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn took his arm and held it as she walked alongside him, being far more stable having him to lean on. She gave a quiet 'thank you' before she quietly listened to her brother speak. She was surprised he'd made so much money, he could easily afford some place nice she was sure, by the time he retired. "Well, think on it and prepare before you retire, you never know. What if you were injured and had to retire early?" She'd hate for such a thing to happen to him. She was realistic though. "I am sure you will be alright though and I hope that you open the shop you want. Whitby is growing, they could use such a thing." She wasn't sure but by the time it happened and knowing a football star came from such a town could really bring in some people who were fans of his.

Evelyn was touched by his words though she didn't smile. "Most of my patients think I 'm cold. I think that's why I've not had anyone want my hand. " She looked at him and shook her head. "You don't need to worry about breaking legs. Why should find some nice woman who will cheer you on in games and support you." He was handsome and very nice and friendly. She was sure lots of women probably liked him.
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam thought for a moment. "I know what you mean, I thought I was out for the game for good a few months back when I done the muscle in my leg. I thought I was going to be no use. Being in goals has its advantages but took a beating that season as I wasn't able to play for a few weeks" he thought for a moment "I want to use more local people to make items to sell for game day etc. Maybe do collectibles but we shall see" he looked to his sister "I don't spend much money but I make money aswell at sportsman's dinners and the like. Usually doing guest speaker. They tip well"

He walked on with his sister holding onto him. He was close to both his sister and his little brother. "You will find something. I know you will. Your not cold. Your an amazing beautiful woman with alot of potential" he thought for a moment "if theres anything I can do to help I will. And if I have to put money your way to help you I will aswell. Your my little sister and I only want the best for you"

He laughed a full belly laugh at his sisters comment. "And who would want to be with me? Knowing my luck the girls father will be a Scarborough football club fan and I wont get daddies approval" he said laughing his head off

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn nodded, 'I remember that. We were all worried for you, father thought you'd have to return home. He was more worried about your spirit being broken than your body. We are so glad you recovered quickly." She listened and nodded. "You may be able to get it to work and help find work for the people here. You are very good at talking, people love to listen to you since you're such a popular sports star."

His sister rose a brow and shrugged casually. "I don't worry over it, I just want mother and father not to worry. And don't say that, you worked hard for your money. I will be alright, I am very frugal." She said and believed it though she did get a new dress earlier that year. It wasn't an expensive one but still.

Evelyn glanced towards her brother, "that is silly. You are everything a girl could want. You are just so busy you haven't noticed. I'm sure you'll find a girl who you'll be smitten with soon enough."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

He ran his fingers lightly through his hair. "Your not the only one. I thought I was done for for a bit but managed to recover and continue playing. One of the lads last season wasn't as lucky and now isn't playing at all and has a job outwith football because of injury"

He tilted his head "I don't know about popular sports star but yeah your right I can talk to people and as I say id love to use local people. Especially the fishwives who need that extra help when the hauls aren't that good, give a little back to the community"

Sam laughed "I think we are both very frugal with money. I hardly spend a penny if I don't have to. I've saved up a fair bit of the last few years"

Sam snorted and laughed "Evelyn Griffin. Are you trying to marry me off already?" He teased