Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Dude, where's my priest? [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

The fact that Father Brennan had seemed to be absent from the presbytery that night was nothing new. The priest seemed to enjoy being out at night, despite Gabriel's warnings that the Whitby alleys were dangerous after dark. His fellow priest was usually back by morning, and Gabriel was aware enough of his own sins not to ask questions.

But it had been Malachi's turn for the main Mass that morning, and he had not been there. Gabriel had already prayed his private Mass, but when the altar server had come to get him, telling him that the few people who came during weekdays were still waiting and about to leave, Gabriel had offered the Mass.

Father Brennan was probably occupied elsewhere. Perhaps a dying person whom the priest had given Holy Unction did not have anyone to wait by him or her. Gabriel didn't think Brennan would leave such a person just because 'his job' was done. Or perhaps an urgent baptism followed by the need to comfort the bereaved parents.

When it was noon and there was still no sign of the priest, Gabriel began to worry a little though and he could see that Mrs. Higgins was concerned as well.

"It's not me business..." she said as she cleared the table after lunch. "But I do wish 'e'd tell us if 'e's plannin' to be out for so long."

Gabriel had told the housekeeper not to worry. It probably wasn't planned. Whatever had drawn him away, it was probably something in one of the neighbouring villages and he had decided to walk back.

Surely.

Then late in the afternoon, he had finally checked his fellow priest's room. It was empty, safe for the furniture that had been there before Brennan came. Mrs. Higgins had been as astonished as he was. Brennan had left then? Without a word. Just like that? Had there be some scandal? But surely the bishop would have told him he was pulling Brennan out. Had he gone away willingly?

"I'll check in with some people who might know her," he promised Mrs. Higgings during dinner.

And so here he was, at around seven 'o clock, entering the police station. He approached the desk. Elijah! No, Mr. Crane. He was so happy to... He was mortified.

"Constable Crane," he greeted, the now familiar dizziness striking once again. "How have you been? I haven't seen you at..." Wrong opening. "Sorry... Have you seen Father Brennan today?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had been catching up on some paperwork he should have done earlier that day, but he wanted to do his patrols first instead. Now as he sat at his desk, he was grateful for the change as someone he never expected to see came in.

"Ga-I mean.. Father Richards!" He tried to hide his joy as the other wouldn't have come to see him. It had to be serious. Why did God have to make the priest so beautiful and with such gentle features? He cleared his head in time to realize he was talking.

"What? I'm fine- wait. Father Brennan is missing?" He said and he stood up quickly. "That is concerning. How long have you noticed him missing? Any ideas where he could have gone?" He said, already thinking where he could look but his eyes hadn't left Gabriel when he cocked his head to the side. "Are you alright? Do you.. want to sit down?" The poor man held the entire Catholic town on his shoulders. It was such a burden on such a kind man.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

He watched the constable longer than he should. The same familiar feeling of affection took over this time as well. But he noticed something else as well, and he wasn't certain whether to be relieved or sad. The thought of Elijah Crane had stirred up more temptation and confusion all these weeks than the man of flesh and blood before him now did.

"No... no, I'm fine," he said after a pause. I did not see him last night, and Mrs. Higgins believes he never slept in his room last night. He..." How much should he say? "I think he's gone away and we're a little concerned, that's all. But I don't want to draw attention to it either. I'm just lost as to where he might have gone, or why he's left..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah looked to him a little concerned and nodded. "I can understand how that is troubling, you are supposed to rely on him, correct?" He didn't remember the term. Was Father Richards demoted? On probation? Either way, the man didn't deserve it \.
"Hopefully he is alright and was called away as you said. You say he left, so he took all of his things? And he didn't leave a note or anyone else? Is it common for h?im to be called away without notice"

While Elijah didn't want to bring it up, he'd wanted if there had been anything left when Gabriel had left, which felt so long ago already. He was concerned as Father Brennan had been kind to him. Wrong, but very kind and he wanted to make sure he would be alright.

"I'll see if he was seen leaving town, he'd have had to get a carriage or take the train unless he walked which is ridiculous. Otherwise, he's somewhere in town." Did he leave the church? He'd assume if the man did, he'd leave his priestly items behind.