Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Tying up loss ends [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded but looked down. "I have felt like I was alone for years here, so .. it does mean a lot. I am sure you are used to much bigger and busier places s- Alasdair." He had almost called him sir but corrected himself. He also wasn't certain he was right about this place being quiet, for a small town it seemed always buzzing with something like a wasp nest.

"York was different too, but I didn't work out there. That's why I came back here. I hope you are right. I want to make a difference, it has been my dream since I was a boy."
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 6ft
Alias: Hutchie

Alasdair sighed "most forces are the same and they are heading for change. The newspapers make us out to be the bad guys when we are trying to uphold the law. Regardless of what we do. We will always be made out to be in the wrong. That's why I intend to protect everyone on this force as best as we can. And that includes with out new inspector aswell"

He continued "I wont feed you to the wolves or anyone else. Ill put my neck on the line first to protect us. We all make a difference. The problem with your last sargeant is he was a short timer counting paychecks till retiring and would do anything to save his pension. You have nothing to fear with me. Stick with me and you will be ok"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded in complete agreement. "That's right. Thank you for helping us." He had been alone the last few times, and he wanted to believe in Alasdair completely.

"I will. I will do all I can to help the public while keeping you safe." He certainly didn't think he'd need to, but he was sure the man would not protect someone who was obviously in the wrong. Like sometimes with Francis' desire to lay a heavy hand on people for minor things. He would trust in his sergeant and hope for the best. "Is there anything more I can do to make things easier on you?" He almost said sir, but caught himself.
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair stood and looked at him "all i ask is that you do your job to the best of the of your abilities and leave the rest to me. If your not sure about it then by all means ask and I will help. As I've said you all have skills and have a part to play in this machine."

He finished his coffee before putting the the cup in the bin.

He continued "if your willing to learn. I'm willing to teach. You might replace me one day as Sargeant Crane" he didn't hesitate for moment in saying that. He hoped deep down that elijah would replace him as Sargeant in the new police force when it came time for change and him to step down
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded along as he tried to finish his own cup alongside the other. He paused in surprise. "M-me? Sergeant?" He laughed weakly and shook his head. "I am grateful you believe in me and I always hope to make you proud but.. that's a bit of a reach, isn't it? I mean.. maybe.." Cockburn? No. Roberts? He might go back to York if things get better sooner than later. "There's other options."

He looked down, knowing he shouldn't talk down to the other's ideas. "I mean.. I really would love to think about such a thing. But I'm not sure I have what it takes." Roberts had said he was too soft and weak. He wasn't the only one.
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair looked at him "we've all had run ins with people that's effected our confidence and I'm no exception. It doesn't matter where you go in the Constabularys there's always someone out there who wants to ruin things for us but I believe in you. Youve got a good heart and you've got a brain in your head. If you want to go further i can make it happen and I don't mean transfer. I've only got this sargeant post for a set time and someone will replace me if I move up the ranks"

Alasdair looked at him sincerely. "If your willing to learn I'm willing to teach"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

It was nice to hear he wasn't alone in at least some of his worries. He nodded along and finally threw away the empty coffee cup before looking towards the sergeant. He tried not to look touched by the compliment, but it was nice to hear. "Thank you, sir." It was hard not to speak to him like that and he knew it would keep up. "I know, and I want you to move up but .. I think it'll be too soon when you do go." It was so nice to have a coworker that was kind to him.

His eyes scanned the area, it was quiet but he wanted a distraction to give him a few more minutes to think. Still, he knew his answer just putting it out into the world made it true. "I.. would like to learn."
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair smiled "i have no intention to move from whitby. I've settled here quite nicely. The kids like it and so does my wife. I'm currently in talks with the our constablary and am trying to get us more resources. If this comes off I will be promoted to Station Sargeant and I will require a Sargeant as my second in charge. Right now we have only a handful on our force. Id like to see us expand and if I go to station sargeant I will handle the role of inspector on smaller cases allowing us to see less of the inspector and act as our own entity"

He smiled "thats my boy! That's what I like to hear. Together you and me can help shape this station towards a brighter future"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah relaxed when he said he'd like to stay. It was nice having someone to be able to talk to about the job and get advice or ask questions about difficult decisions. The idea of having more resources was appealing too.

He smiled a little as the other had such confidence in him and nodded. "Yeah, together. I like that. I want a better future."
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Alasdair relaxed his shoulders and breathed a little bit easier. "I want us to be the model station that places base themselves on. I want us to be at the forefront. It might not appear obvious but we have a good team here and its going to get better. We are short staffed still but I am to fill the gaps and also bring in a railway constable" alasdair snorted "I aint bringing in cavalry constables we are safe there" he laughed.

He smiled "and together we will see a better future. Now who was it you said we had to go see?"