Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Felix Culpa [Correspondence]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

The letter arrives soon after a certain priest disappears from Whitby.

Quote:Nettie,

I am sorry for not having let you know sooner, but my departure was short-notice. I am currently in London sorting out my affairs, as I mentioned previously that I wished to do. Your advice has stuck with me, and I know now that I must stray from the lonely path and find a new one to carry me forward.

St. Hilda’s deserves a better priest than I can ever be, and I must find something else to devote the rest of my life to.

Once I have things figured out in London, I will return. I do not plan to remain outside of Whitby for long when you are still there, and with hope, after this trip I might find a more permanent residence there of my own.

I hate to ask anything more of you, but I do have a request. Since I arrived in Whitby, I have been caring for a young girl and her brother. Edmund has recently found work in Castleton, but Mable is still at the Angel hotel, near the church. Until I return, could you check in on her and make sure that she is still being fed and doing well? She is a wonderful girl, and I am sure that if you need the help, she would make a good assistant as well. It would mean very much to me if you would care for her in my absence.

Please do not worry yourself to death over me. I will be back, and I will be well.

– Malachi